Mustang GT MSRP... $27,500!?!?!?!?!

OBleedingMe

Apr 14, 2004
I was speaking to a dealer in NJ (Downs Ford)... he told my $27,500 for a "premium" package on a Mustang GT that includes leather seats. Manual tranny. I'm not too sure if he was jerking me around or what... 27.5K sounds high to me for a Mustang GT. I was more expecting 25k with a couple options. What do you guys think??

• Sponsors (?)

Originally posted on themustangsource.com
Pricing is NOT out. Your dealer is a liar, thief, etc. My dealer told me the same thing, that he'd be able to price and spec my car prior to order date. I politely informed him he was incorrect, and told him pricing wouldnt be released for a month or two. He called his representative up in Michigan, you know, at the Ford HEADQUARTERS, who confirmed pricing would not be made available until August, maybe late July.

Actually$27K MSRP for a GT Premium does not sound out of line.

Ford has said that the GT will start below $25K. So lets say the GT Coupe Deluxe is $24,990 without destination charge. Add $650 for destination and your entry price (MSRP) for a GT Deluxe Coupe with NO options is $25,640.

So, lets look at a GT Coupe Premium. It adds the Shaker 500, let's say it's $595 and then add leather seats for $650 and you have $26,885.

So I do not think that this dealer is out of line. If the dealer is a bit high, he is doing you a favor.

Which would you rather have?

1. The dealer tells you its $27.5K and it turns out the real price is $26.5K?
OR
2. The dealer tells you its $25K and it turns out the real price is $26.5K?

I'd rather have dealer that could give me facts. Than a price he pulled out of his ... Or heard from his sister's cousin's favorite nephew's dog. Who knows the cat of the VP of fasteners for Ford.

SVTdriver said:
I'd rather have dealer that could give me facts.

The dealers have been told the approximate prices. A couple people who work at dealers have said so here and on Brad's site. They have been given rough prices. Knowing that the GT Coupe Deluxe will start around $25K they can make the same calculation that I just made to approximate the price of a GT Coupe Premium.

OBleeding................

I bought 2 cars from that dealership....'00 GT and a '03 Escape
They are a bunch of SNEAKY ass weasels....dont listen to them...
Dont EVER, EVER, EVER go there again!

It stems all the way up to the GSM

You obviously live in the same area as me so do yourself a favor go to another dealer...there are TONS of Ford dealers around here

I was there like 3 days ago ....they have a Red Mach and a White 1

Dont go to Larson....or Oasis....Go check out Seabreeze in Wall off of 195
Also check out Buhler in Eatontown on RT 36

Stay away from Seaside!

-Yellowbull271-

2004 Screaming Yellow Mach 1

Really, Silverbull?? Yeah, I really didn't like the way the guy on the phone, "Gary", sounded. I could almost feel the grease coming through the phone.
Care ot elaborate on what happened to you at Downs Ford? I'm quite interested, as I've heard a couple rumors about them myself.
Any other suggestions besides Seabreeze and Buhler?

LOL

Gary is the SOB i bought my Escape from...The sales manager Chuck is a HARDCORE rough rider (or so he thinks)

Gene is the GSM....acts like a nice guy but is the RINGLEADER

After buying 2 cars from them they screwed me on my Mach....wouldnt match Buhler...even still i was on my way to pick up the RED Mach anyway when i recieved a call on my Cell just as i was turning onto RT 37 to buy the Damn thing and Gary is telling me that their selling it..(probably better price) ....I was SO pissed!

That nite i bought the yellow one from Buhler....
Next day Gary calls me and tells me that they didnt sell it, the people changed their mind...i told him that i bought the car already and he just HUNG UP on me!

I went NUTS!

I went in there and caused a BIG scene....
I purchased 2 cars from them and thats how they treated me

Listen to me on this one Bleeding....STAY away from them...
They are snakes, It is a Damn Snake Pit

They are ALWAYS higher than EVERYONE else!
I went to about 6 dealers in the area and they were by far the highest #

Buhler is good....Ask for Rafael he is the SM...Tell him the guy who bought their Yellow Mach sent you
Salsemen names....Chris, Justin, Marcel GOOD kids

Good Luck
Let me know how it turns out

-Yellowbull271-