Mustang II Member's rides

• Sponsors (?)

roadsterII said:
ok David, what's the taillight treatment that you've done there. What's in mind for the finished product?
Looks good so far and everything else.

For the rear I'd like to do away with the bumper altogether but I'm not sure what look I'm going to shoot for. As for the taillight treatment, I simply took the stock bezels and smoothed them into the surrounding area so I could see what it looked like. That area has prior damage so I'll probably replace the sheetmetal anyway. I have a lot of plans for the front and I'll be working on it next. However it is just some thoughts in my head right now.. too difficult to express :(

david

hi there...new to the site...just thought i might add a few old pics of my ii to the list. been going through some serious withdrawl and its nice to see some other iis besides all of the ones i have already seen on mustangii.net. my ii has also been in the making as long as blue thunder's sweet little coupe has, albeit in 2 forms. anywho, only a little more and mine will be "done".....hoping to be able to get it running again finally this summer. these pics are a couple years old now, dont have any scanned of it in "one piece" yet. enjoy!!

Attachments

• 7b3c.jpg
    7b3c.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 436
  • f2cb.jpg
    f2cb.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 832
thank you.....it does have a couple flaws, but overall i am very happy with it!! now if it were only may or june and there wasnt a foot of snow on the ground!!

Hi new here too, been snooping the forums for quite a while for ideas. Planning on getting back in the hobby for summer after a very long break.
Here are some old pics of one of my first cobra II's (1976), I got it back in the eary 80's and got hooked on these smaller mustangs when I bought this cobra to use as an daily driver and found out that they can be super fun cars with some power in them. This cobra had a 1966 289 high perf engine with a high perf C5 tranny and a fine metal flake custom paint job that I did. I got a 78 king cobra project now that I am planning to pro street. I am sorry to say when I was younger that I was one of the idots saying these cars were not real mustangs because at that time I only had/owned older 66to73 versions. Now after owning, repairing and wreaking many II versions, imo they are a far better built car than the older ones with much potential.

705464_1_full.jpg

705464_2_full.jpg

705464_3_full.jpg

Alrighty...I found the one good picture I have of my Cobra, but I don't have a a scanner. I did, however, just buy a new digital camera......had to try it out. Sorry about the quality of the picture, but I took a picture of the picture to post.

Attachments

• mustangII.JPG
    mustangII.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 400
dmoody said:
For the rear I'd like to do away with the bumper altogether but I'm not sure what look I'm going to shoot for.
I saw one once a few years back, the guy had taken the rear bumper off and built a valance that just followed the shape of the body, kinda like the new vettes. He had duals out, looked badass. I must say, the II's are an aquired taste...and im starting to get the craving. I think I see a II coupe in my future. im just not big on their interiors.

no new pictures of what I've been doing with the roadster lately but this is the first sketch that started the whole project and these are the first pictures of the roadster in process. And yep, that's me a few years back. I'm still just as blurry.

roadster

Attachments

• first_pic_sketch.jpeg
    first_pic_sketch.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 745
  • first_pictures_of_roadster.jpeg
    first_pictures_of_roadster.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 413