Mustang II suspension update & question

last one
attachment.php

• Sponsors (?)

I even made my own patch panels using a flat piece of 16 gauge steel. After welding it and using a flat disc you can't even tell where it was welded to. Of course the boddy filler helps also. It's comming along slowly.

Next I need to lay a motor and a tranny to get the motor mounts welded. Once that's done I'll weld a radiator support back on and coat it.

Sometimes other things are more important. I'm at a critical stage in college where I'm I only have a untill the end of januarary and I'll have my B.A.

Fostang said:
I even made my own patch panels using a flat piece of 16 gauge steel. After welding it and using a flat disc you can't even tell where it was welded to. Of course the boddy filler helps also. It's comming along slowly.

Next I need to lay a motor and a tranny to get the motor mounts welded. Once that's done I'll weld a radiator support back on and coat it.

Sometimes other things are more important. I'm at a critical stage in college where I'm I only have a untill the end of januarary and I'll have my B.A.

I was jsut wondering if you could do me a favor and fill me in on where to get all the control arms and brake stuff. I have to go with a RC crossmember beceause Heidts doesnt sell a crossmember for a 69. I remember you saying you knew where to get good prices and keep the price low. If you could send some info my way, I would really appreciate it.

Thasnk a lot
Tim

amartin725 said:
From my standpoint, the Granada spindle is much too tall for the MII, you'll have tremendous upper ball joint bind. Take a look at the difference in angles

11" brakes on the MII are cheap and easy. $40 Granada rotor (same bearings), $11 GM caliper, $25 Bracket. Done deal, IMO.

Which crossmember are you using? I had a Heidts crossmember in my hand the other day and was looking it over and had some opinions, but I want to take a look at the RC Motorsports version as well as this one from Full Tilt Street Rods before I make a purchase. You can save a few bucks by finish welding it yourself.

xmem2.jpg

Al

FWIW, I will be ordering the full tilt MII setup for my 69 next week if you would like pics...I plan on taking pics of the whole car build up so I will make sure to post them up as I go...

Attachments

• xmem2.jpg
    xmem2.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 75
xoxbxfx said:
FWIW, I will be ordering the full tilt MII setup for my 69 next week if you would like pics...I plan on taking pics of the whole car build up so I will make sure to post them up as I go...
While you are in there you might consider welding up the seems in the frame. The factory spotwelds don't make for a rigid setup...

samwe said:
While you are in there you might consider welding up the seems in the frame. The factory spotwelds don't make for a rigid setup...

thanks for the tip...Im going to build a rotisserie so I will try and get every little spot I can... its time for floorpans, subframes, por 15, MII, shaved bay... all sorts of fun :D

shelbyseven said:
fostang,is your upper radiator support factory?

Nope I don't use for a radiator suport like the stock ones. Installing this piece actually strengthn'd the front way more than all of the flimsy original. I'm still not done with that area. I just needed to get it coated because of the humidity.

fostang, you either need to triangulate or put a panel in your radiator support to give it some shear strength. Welding up the seams stiffens the chassis. It's a old rally car trick. It really helps alot more then you would think.