MUSTANG SEATS

NoSlOw5oHh

Nov 3, 2001
Citrus Heights
ive been in the foxbody game since i had my license, but in all my years ive always had good interiors, I just bought an 86 gt vert. paints shot, seats shot, carpet kit shot, actually the only good things on the car is the top motor/trans. Now im lookin for seats but i have a question, will the front seats from newer mustangs fit in my car? i have a good friend who can fabricate anything and he told me that if the rails dont line up or are diff sizes the seat can sit higher or lower than normal but it can be done, i drove another 86 vert before i bough this one and it had 03 leather electric seats and this guy was a retard, so maybe that makes me more retarted cuz im wondering if he just replace his stocks with those without troubles, so since im rambling the question one more time, which seats, if any, from newer year stangs will have little to no problem fitting in my vert, im lookin at rear seat deletes so backs wont be a problem, thanks, also wheres the cheapest carpet kit anyones found, a local mustang shop has em for 109, thats the best ive found without goin ebay, thanks
aaron:D

• Sponsors (?)

I had 03 seats in my car for about three days, and couldn't stand them. They sat higher than my stock seats, so I hit my knees on the steering wheel and head on the ceiling. I might have been able to fabricate something to make them fit better, but didn't have time, so I sold them. Others don't seem to have a problem with it, so either I'm picky, or too dumb to figure out how to make it work.

I put 2001 seats in my 88 GT vert. I'm 6'4", and actually liked sitting a little higher. My head wasn't hitting the top or anything. The only reason I put them in was because my original seats were shot. Otherwise I would have kept the stock seats.

I actually have had alot of friends who own newer Mustangs, tell me that they like my '91 LX sport seats, better than theirs. I guess it's just a preference thing