Mustang5L5’s progress thread - Part 3

• Sponsors (?)

Was only close enough to see 95% totality.

Was still cool to see. Was definitely dimmer, colder and a little bit eerie out. Nothing like full totality unfortunately

Took this through my welding helmet
IMG_9235.jpeg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users
Got the full experience here. Very eerie indeed. We got some free eclipse glasses, it's only burned into my memory and not my corneas.

It's definitely something I'll remember.

Reactions: 1 user
I got the total experience in my back yard... pretty wild man. And you are right it got colder and in a hurry too. I even got to see either a satellite or the ISS (not sure which) pass between me and the moon during the totality of it with my naked eyes, pretty awesome!

Reactions: 1 users
I regret not arranging to get closer. Only a 2 hour drive and I would have been where it was 100%. Lots of folks I know made the trip and said it was worth it. For as excited as my kids were, I really do regret not doing it.

It was 100% an hour north of us. We took the drive. I could care less before hand but I did it for the wife and my nephew who were excited to see. Boy am I glad they roped me into this. Can’t even explain how amazing it was to feel and see. Once in a lifetime for me because the next full one here in the US I will be dead for sure.. Oh well.

Didn’t get to see it in Hawaii
Pic from in Texas
We did get a touch of twilight behind the grey clouds for a few min or so.

IMG_3374.JPG