Mustangs & Carseats!

KcMstang

Founding Member
Mar 26, 2001
Hamilton, Georgia
Here is the situation. I love mustangs, I've had 3 in 24 years of life. I bought a house because it was on Mustang Drive. I've gotten a real BAD itch to go and get a new S197 GT. Also my wife is 16wks prego so that means we will be hauling a youngster around come Febuary. Right now I drive a '06 Tundra Double-Cab. It has plenty of room and has been a great truck, but I WANT a mustang! My wifes car will be the main way of transportation with the kid but if I ever did need to throw him/her in the back of the stang is there enough room? How hard is it to get in/out? I'm willing to down-grade to a 2-door car and deal with a little discomfort...plus how can I be the coolest dad in the world driving a Tundra???:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

The rear facing car seat presents a problem because it takes up so much room. Your passenger will be kissing the windshield. Just you and your kid is no problem. We drive a tahoe with the whole family (2 kids) and that's working out just fine. Once the kids are old enough (and big enough) to fit in a forward facing booster style carseat, it will be fine. Hope that helps.

Here is the situation. I love mustangs, I've had 3 in 24 years of life. I bought a house because it was on Mustang Drive. I've gotten a real BAD itch to go and get a new S197 GT. Also my wife is 16wks prego so that means we will be hauling a youngster around come Febuary. Right now I drive a '06 Tundra Double-Cab. It has plenty of room and has been a great truck, but I WANT a mustang! My wifes car will be the main way of transportation with the kid but if I ever did need to throw him/her in the back of the stang is there enough room? How hard is it to get in/out? I'm willing to down-grade to a 2-door car and deal with a little discomfort...plus how can I be the coolest dad in the world driving a Tundra???:shrug:

Well that d-bag they have on the Toyota Commercials really looks like the worlds coolest dad, and he drives one. :shrug:

After awhile when the kid gets older, I believe you can put the babyseat where he/she can sit with baby seat facing front. I dont know if this can be done in the mustang. If such is the case, buy the 'stang and use the existing car until the baby can ride forward.