My 1997 Laser Red, Progress with PICS

• Sponsors (?)

the hid kit was 29 bucks from ddmtuning.com, yes its cheap but they are good kits and have had great ratings over the years, the styling bar and tonneau cover i got them used from craigslist i paid 400 for both in great condition, the guy took them of his 2003 saleen drop top that had 180k miles and he was sick of it.

Looks AMAZING!!!
You did alot of work to it.
reminds me of my 96GT... I have Laser Red 96 Cobra now with a Saddle top as well. You're seriously making me reconsider my wheel choice...

Pic of my old car:

upstate09096sm.jpg

Thanks man, but please no more cobra talk, you will make me throw this thing on craigslist haha, I had a 95 snake when i was 16 about 7 years ago and ended up selling it, regreting it every day, so 2 years ago i bought this gt i was looking at a beautiful 97 snake white with a white top but it was 12 grand and my limit was only 8 so i ended up with the gt instead. ehhhh lol. It's ok thought at least i have a mustang again, thats all that matters.

i like the bullit wheels as well, but with the roll bar and the speedster cover the car looks really bulky and tall so having 17 inch wheels was way to small looking. i love the look of bullit wheels though. if they were 18s i would have probably kept them

Ok finally got around to installing the light bar, heres some pics

Vacumming the filth under the rear seat

stangggtrollbar006.jpg

stangggtrollbar005.jpg

Everything removed and cleaner

stangggtrollbar008.jpg

Test fitting the light bar

stangggtrollbar009.jpg

Ok here are a couple of before and after pics

stangggtrollbar001.jpg

stangggtrollbar013.jpg

stangggtrollbar002.jpg

stangggtrollbar012.jpg

And here is another one with the Cervinis Speedster Cover installed

stangbrakes001.jpg

OK, HERE IS SOME PICS OF THE BRAKE ROTOR UPGRADE

HERE IS THE STOCK LOOKING DISGUSTING ONES

stangbrakes004.jpg

HERE IS THE DUST SHIELD BEFORE

stangbrakes007.jpg

HERE IS THE DUST SHIELD AFTER I TOOK THE WIRE WHEEL TO IT

stangbrakes010.jpg

HERE IS THE CALIPER BRACKET BEFORE THE WIRE WHEEL

stangbrakes006.jpg

HERE SHE IS AFTER, YOU COULD SEE THE DIFFERENCE

stangbrakes009.jpg

DUPLICOLOR CALIPER PAINT KIT, I USED A SPONGE BRUSH FROM HOME DEPOT INSTEAD OF THE BRISTLE ONE THEY SUPPLY, I GOT A MUCH DEEPER CLEANER FINISH

stangbrakes005.jpg

THE NEW ROTORS AND POWERSTOP EVOLUTION CERAMIC PADS

stangbrakes002.jpg

HERE IS THE FINISHED PRODUCT WITH THE PAINTED CALIPER

stangbrakes012.jpg

TELL YOU WHAT ALL THE WIRE WHEELING WAS A PAIN IN THE ASS BUT IN THE END IT WAS ALL WORTH IT. I CANT BELIEVE HOW MUCH IT HAS CHANGED, THIS IS A MUST FOR ANYONE ON ANY CAR!!

Props on the car, man. It's come quite a ways since we started talking. Ive been throwing more money into the Jeep (more lift, 33's, 29spline 8.25 rearend, etc.) than the Mustang lately but I just dropped a load of dough on the pony car, so I will be throwing my build thread up before long.

Keep up the good work!!:nice:

Props on the car, man. It's come quite a ways since we started talking. Ive been throwing more money into the Jeep (more lift, 33's, 29spline 8.25 rearend, etc.) than the Mustang lately but I just dropped a load of dough on the pony car, so I will be throwing my build thread up before long.

Keep up the good work!!:nice:

Thanks man, yea it definitely has changed, ive put alof of hours into the looks of it and bringing it back to A+ shape. Yea i agree the XJ deserves some much needed attention over here as well man, first of all a nice detail, then a new gearbox and an ac compressor and i should be good.

Love this pic^.....looks really good man, keep up the good work

Thanks preciate it, i try to make it look good at least because power wise, well we all know the npi cars are poopsie pants when stockers lol.