My 2000 GT pics and its problems

snidehockey

Jun 18, 2007
Orlando, Fl
Here's the latest pics of my 00gt. It's kind of bittersweet because it has some major problems...I wasn't even gonna clean it up that day, but I couldn't stand letting it go so long w/out washing it.

It spun rod bearing(s) before Thanksgiving last year and has been progressively getting worse. The syncro for 4th gear is also gone.

I already have a t3650 that I got from another member w/ less than 30k on it...I have a full engine rebuild kit from RPM Machine on it's way...I got new COP's, plugs, MAF, o2 sensors, cleaned the injectors etc...

so over the next few weeks, me and a buddy will be embarking on swapping the tranny to the 3650 and rebuilding the engine. I personally have never torn into a motor so I'm a little nervous about it, but my friend is pretty experienced. I just really REALLY hope that once we get it back together it will be reliable!

ANYWAY, enough talkin...here are the pics...

HPIM4275.JPG

HPIM4278.JPG

HPIM4279.JPG

HPIM4280.JPG

HPIM4281.JPG

HPIM4285.JPG

HPIM4286.JPG

HPIM4290.JPG

HPIM4299.JPG

HPIM4289.JPG

HPIM4288.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

That looks like a neighborhood in Florida i've been to. Unless it's just the same builder. Nice car BTW. FIrst time i torn into my engine i was scared too, but when your all done you'll have a new found confidence in your ability to work on your own car.

yeah, I'm worried about the rebuild but I'm excited to get started too. I'm hoping for 2 weeks at the most for overall time that it takes. Alot of it depends on the turnaround time at the machine shop though.

When everything is said and done, having a practically new v8 engine and tranny will be awesome.

Thanks everyone...

Yep that's black ice lol. I got like a 5 pack or somethin so it will be smelling like that for quite awhile.

I had a chin spoiler before but I had an accident and it came off, but the tow truck guy didnt pick it up...Geico wouldnt replace it either.

I'd like to drop it at some point, I just can't think that far ahead quite yet.

I love the headlights too, except they have a tendency to let moisture in, especially the driver side. I tried sealing them w/ black silicone, but I must be missing a spot on that side.

Anyway, thanks for the comments!