My 2011 V6 w/Perf Pack will literally fly!

jaybertx

Apr 18, 2003
Sarasota, FL
I went to the configurator today and low and behold the performance pack has appeared. So I added it to the car and voila! Look out Marty McFly!

flyingcarn.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I'm going to. I'm obviously not going to pay MSRP but it's a v6 for me all the way.

The similarly optioned 5.0 is around $5k more. I drive a minimum of 90 miles a day so the 30ish MPG offered is fantastic.

I am also about to add my two (soon to be) 16 year old sons to my auto insurance. :eek:

So basically... this is the car for me.

I'm going to. I'm obviously not going to pay MSRP but it's a v6 for me all the way.

The similarly optioned 5.0 is around $5k more. I drive a minimum of 90 miles a day so the 30ish MPG offered is fantastic.

I am also about to add my two (soon to be) 16 year old sons to my auto insurance. :eek:

So basically... this is the car for me.

yup. the mileage is what definitely sold me. now if only they didn't limit the cars at 113mph :(

a loaded 13 second car or a stripped down 12 second car?

I'll take the loaded 13 second car....with a V8. The 2010 GT is a couple thousand cheaper to start with, not to mention the thousands off you can get in factory and dealer discounts. The GTs also have better options than what are available in the V6. -Just my choice; and gas mileage wasn't my main concern.

Used is always an option too...in another year or two low mileage 5.0s will be showing up on the with huge discounts from what new MSRP was.

I think the MOST important thing (this is spoken from experience) is to get EXACTLY what you want.

Don't get the V6 because it's what you can afford. Get it because it's what you want to live with driving whether it's for gas mileage or other reasons. Tomorrow's low-mile 5.0 with nice steering wheel and other options will be available soon for today's new V6 prices. It's better to wait and get it mildly used...or to wait and save up more money towards a new one...than to buy something and regret it every time you see the neighbor's highly optioned GT.

I'll take the loaded 13 second car....with a V8. The 2010 GT is a couple thousand cheaper to start with, not to mention the thousands off you can get in factory and dealer discounts. The GTs also have better options than what are available in the V6. -Just my choice; and gas mileage wasn't my main concern.

Used is always an option too...in another year or two low mileage 5.0s will be showing up on the with huge discounts from what new MSRP was.

I think the MOST important thing (this is spoken from experience) is to get EXACTLY what you want.

Don't get the V6 because it's what you can afford. Get it because it's what you want to live with driving whether it's for gas mileage or other reasons. Tomorrow's low-mile 5.0 with nice steering wheel and other options will be available soon for today's new V6 prices. It's better to wait and get it mildly used...or to wait and save up more money towards a new one...than to buy something and regret it every time you see the neighbor's highly optioned GT.

5.0 GT all the way.then you can fly,with no 113 MPH limit.
Coyote.

yup. the mileage is what definitely sold me. now if only they didn't limit the cars at 113mph :(

I would never see 113 mph anyway but are there programmers available for the V6? I had a PP3 for my '01 GT and I was able to set the max speed (ha!) by the tire rating so with z-rated tires it would set it to 149 MPH. :)

I don't intend to go to ever go to a track and I am getting exactly what I want/need at this time. Would I like a 5.0? Sure. Is it realistic with where I am in life? No. So until the kids move up and out, the commute shortens or our income shifts significantly, it's my current car.

Had the new V6 not come out, I wouldn't even be talking about a Mustang, I would probably be looking at Fusions right now. I previously always considered the V6 3/4 of a mustang because it was missing two cylinders. :) 305hp changes a lot. It's a meaner machine than my '01 GT was.

There HAS to be a fix for that.. not yet???

The thing is.. I haven't even had this 5.0 past 90 yet.... I haven't been to the track yet. If you don't go to a track, I'd think a V6 would be fine (only the new V6 with the 300+ hp)... the ones before that... Yuck!

There HAS to be a fix for that.. not yet???

The thing is.. I haven't even had this 5.0 past 90 yet.... I haven't been to the track yet. If you don't go to a track, I'd think a V6 would be fine (only the new V6 with the 300+ hp)... the ones before that... Yuck!

exactly, man. its a base model in gray + performance pack. i hope i can get the cool steering wheel but after much thought i'd rather swap a steering wheel than pay 3 grand extra for stuff i dont want.

If anyone spends $29.3K for a V6, then they should just go ahead and buy the car shown in this vid for $189K that really does fly

A Car That Really Flies - CBS News Video

OR get their head checked! :lol:

Whats wrong with the new V6? I'm a V8 guy but I would take one of these new v6s stangs. With a tune and CAI your looking at probably 320 crank hp and 300lbtq at the crank. Add a set of 3.73 gears and you have a car that will be running low 13s in the 1/4th.

The v6 with the performance pack is what I've become interested in, but to hear that it costs close to 30 grand is disheartening. I wonder if there's any way of getting an almost no-option Mustang with the performance package being the only plus, maybe it wouldn't be so high?

lol, yeah. It's been fixed. I'm disappointed that the wheels have the "GT" emblazoned on them. I know they're the same wheels from the GT/CS but in the catalog the pics did have the "GT" on them.

I agree. Since I was rear ended a few weeks back my 01 GT is being totaled. I'm going to be getting a 2011 v6. I also agree that the rims should not say GT on them seeing as this car is not a GT. The nice thing is you don't have to have those rims on the perf package. I picked the 18" rims and like the looks much better. I may go next week and see what I can get.

My problem is that I don't like any of the other V6 wheels. I like the perf pack wheel style just not the GT. I will probably end up with them regardless.

In a perfect world I would buy the wheels from the GT Brembo package. Those are my absolute favorite of all of the available options.

I know wheels can be changed after the car is purchased but I'd rather put the money into other add-ons. :)

Too bad on the '01 GT. I traded my '01 GT 3.5 years ago and have missed it ever since... I'll probably still miss it once I get my '11 V6.... that being said, congrats on the (soon to be) new car!

I did some searching to see how much power the new V6 makes with an Xcal 3 93 Oct tune and reports are showing 25-27rwhp (that's around 335hp at the crank) and about 20rwtq (around 300tq at the crank). Now I don't now if that included a CAI or just the tune but still very impressive. Get some 3.73 gears and your talking a 0-60 in about 4.5 seconds.