My 347 needs heads

wieberacing

Nov 25, 2005
Does anyone out there know what would be the best heads to put on a 347?
It has a racing stroker kit from pro power parts and a trick flow .499/.510 lift cam. My compression is 10:1 and my plans are to have around 450-500 naturally aspirated power. And i also need help with intake manifold and exhaust system.

• Sponsors (?)

You're gonna need more cam. And ALOT of head. And alot of RPM. better call someone like Ed Curtis or Brian Tooley, and start a discussion with them......
450 from a N/A 347 will take some doing....

edelbrock rpm 2 and afr 185 should put you at the 400 mark or damn close to it. but with that mild of a cam its gonna be tuff, now with a serious cam i would do like me and get some afr 205's and a edelbrock victor intake, oh and a 200 shot for fun lol

If you want 450-500 you should call up Ed Curtis or someone that can mold an entire H/C/I package for you. You'll probably need a tad bit more compression so the heads will have to be milled, and to optimize everything you'll need you intake and heads to be port matched.

That Stage 1 cam is def not enuff for your goals as said time after time above.
I think the c.r. needs to be higher, any of the TFS, AFR heads will work nicely.
As for the cam I'd go solid roller cause your lookin for BIG power and prob gonna need to be close if not more than .600" and a high rev-er
I prefer Cam Motion, but the typical Ed Curtis, Jay allen guys can work wonders as well for your car.
Good luck

wieberacing said:
Thanks for the info guys. I took your advice and ordered a FRPP X303 cam with .542" lift and .224" duration. Does this cam sound a little better?:shrug:

No, it sounds like a horrible choice sorry to say. Can you cancel the order??

What you want is gonna take a well thought out package. Take a look at the link I posted, its in your ballpark @ 445rwhp. High 10's @ 124+ more importantly in a 95GT.