My car isn't leaking. What is wrong??

blackened88lx

Aug 9, 2006
Connecticut
Ok, I recently rebuilt the tranny in my car, and everything operates good, but I've run into a little problem. I don't have any leaks. It's strange enough that the tranny isn't leaking, not even the tailshaft seal, but the rear main seal isn't leaking either, which is just mind boggling. I know the motor has oil in it, and I know I put fluid in the tranny, so what could be wrong?

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the reassurance guys. I have almost 2k miles on it and everything seems fine and is completely dry! I'm getting pretty nervous, but hopefully she'll come around. Even my valve covers stopped leaking a while back after I tightened them down, something's really fishy here.

Yeah, I used to have some nice puddles too, nothing now. No antifreeze either. I come out of a store now and see no oil under my car and wonder if it's even going to make it home. I look under the hood and see no oil all over the valve covers and wonder how long the engine is going to last like this. When I jack the car up and look under it the whole undercarriage is dry, I'm worried that it might start rusting now.