My Car Wont Start! Help Me! In Huge Ruuushhh!!!!!!!!

FiveOhhStang

Jan 27, 2003
Sanger, Cali.
this has happened before, but I move the positive cable and sometimes it starts...i got it replace and never again till today.. I decided to move a few wires/looms around to hide a few things and clean the bay up without major work...I moved the 'salt and pepper' modules by the intake below...and now MY CAR WONT START!
I TURN OVER THE KEY AND ENGAGE THE CLUTCH....ALL I HEAR IS THE DRONE FROM THE FUEL PUMP, AND THE NORMAL TURN OVER THE KEY STUFF THEN NOTHING! WHATS WRONG!? HOW CAN I TROUBLE SHOOT THIS AT HOME? WHAT SHOULD I CHECK?
-Nick

• Sponsors (?)

Check the neutral safety switch. It is located under the dash. Its white and it looks like a cross. When the clutch pedal is to the floor the top of the clutch pedal (in the dash) hits the switch and allows the car to start. The switch can be reset.

I dont see it...where is it? where can I reset it? im a pretty tall medium built man...its hard at **** to get under there...and its pretty dark now...I gotta get this running, HELP! just keeps making the noises like the pump...
-Nick

The pump is supposed to make noises. Its priming. I am 6'4 225 pounds. So i know what you mean. You will need a flashlight. It directly above the clutch pedal. Look underneath and see where the clutch pedal goes up into the dash. Its a little white piece of plastic. The clutch pedal depresses it. Pull the tab OUT. The clutch pedal will reset when you put the clutch to the floor.

This may not be your problem though. Check your starter wires on the passenger side of the car under the headers. Make sure they are tight.

If you cant fix it.......try bumping starting it. That works for me.

The clutch reset....i see a silver box with a white tube sticking out that appears to hit the firewall when the clutch is pressed in. at the end of the tube is a small squarish thingy...is this it? i tried pulling it out, it just clicked but didnt extend...PLEASE HELP! as for the starter I dont see it, I know its location but its lost somewhere down there.
I dont hear a click from the starter either if it is suppose too that is. I have a feeling its part of the ignition/starter system like the coil...dont know if that would caus this problem.
-Nick

heh...well UPDATE: coil ground is good...and its getting power when the ignition is turned on...(checking via elec. tester.) I only see a ground going to the starter...and thats working....is there any major things i can check...to narrows down where the problem is?
-Nick

there super clean but ill go do it for safe's sake, im not a huge mechanic..i know simple things, the bigest thing ive done was swap a fuel pump...i can fix simple things, and know basics...so i just need help, i understang your not here, but i figured someone can help me out.
-Nick

well, ive gotta get ready for sleep, do my HW, and figure out what im doing tommarow to get to school, hopefully ill figure something out, i cleaned the posts and cables...can anyone else post if they have suggestions? if the coil is bad would this give me my problem? i did take off then put back on the wire harness that goes into the distributor but nothing...nite folks, and thank you very much for your help so far mike, and what a beauty for a stang you've got!!
-Nick