My conclusion on mods, please review

L33T said:
I sure do.
Lemme get a pic of it.
Excuse the quality but I believe it's legible. (cell phone camera)

Two runs, labeled (1) and (2).
You can see a gain of 20rwhp and 20fptq on the run labeled (1), the only addition being the IMRC's.

The baseline run is not labeled but you can see it parallel the #2 run by about 8-10 hp, this was without the UD's and run #2 with was with UD's. (+8-10)

l33t_dyno.jpg

This was all graphed before I added the LT's and the Prochamber.
Hope it helps. :)

How is this for driving around town? do you notice a reduction in torque with out the motion plates?

• Sponsors (?)

I picked up 1.2 mph in the 1/8-mile with my charge motion delete plates. I say they are a VERY underrated mod. People dismiss them on theory. But in reality, they help. I don't have any dyno sheets with the cmrc deletes, but they definitely feel like they helped all over the rpm range. ALOT depends on your tune.

I can add 2 more things about the charge motion deletes...

1. they reduced the dreaded throttle hang time. My friends & I believe that the factory cmrc's are as much to blame for this as the drive by wire.

2. My car used to bog when powershifting to 3rd. Now with the cmrc deletes, the bog is gone. Even before I switched the plates out, my friends & I believed that the plates close between shifts.

Just two other small things to look at other than getting caught up in dyno sheets. They work on the track.

Pro Mod said:
I picked up 1.2 mph in the 1/8-mile with my charge motion delete plates. I say they are a VERY underrated mod. People dismiss them on theory. But in reality, they help. I don't have any dyno sheets with the cmrc deletes, but they definitely feel like they helped all over the rpm range. ALOT depends on your tune.

I can add 2 more things about the charge motion deletes...

1. they reduced the dreaded throttle hang time. My friends & I believe that the factory cmrc's are as much to blame for this as the drive by wire.

2. My car used to bog when powershifting to 3rd. Now with the cmrc deletes, the bog is gone. Even before I switched the plates out, my friends & I believed that the plates close between shifts.

Just two other small things to look at other than getting caught up in dyno sheets. They work on the track.

The reason for the plates is to add turbulant flow and higher kinetic energy to ensure a good fuel mixture and ram the air into the the cylinders when driving around NOT wide open throttle. This, in theory, should add much better torque when not running WOT. Do you notice a reduction in torque under normal acceleration conditions around town?

The car is excellent around town, there is no power loss anywhere in the rpm range. Like I said above, all these people dismiss the cmrc's based on THEORY. I haven't talked to ONE SINGLE person that has ACTUALLY INSTALLED them and is displeased with them. I love them. btw I have no loss in gas mileage. My message center still says 23.4 mpg and I've had the plates for over a month now.

Pro Mod said:
The car is excellent around town, there is no power loss anywhere in the rpm range. Like I said above, all these people dismiss the cmrc's based on THEORY. I haven't talked to ONE SINGLE person that has ACTUALLY INSTALLED them and is displeased with them. I love them. btw I have no loss in gas mileage. My message center still says 23.4 mpg and I've had the plates for over a month now.

cool! Thanks Pro

So, all that I've read about 450rwhp before forged internals is considered to be a debunked limit for the 3v by many here? (I mean after you add a poweradder to the engine).

I was seriously looking at adding an adder and mods than would have conceivably taken me to around 460rwhp but getting forged pistons and rods done as well. I would love to reach that range (my top end goal actually) without putting my daily driver at undue risk. I don't intend to drive the car like I stole it all of the time, but I do want the option occasionally.