My dad's a royal pain in my @ss!!!!

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
columbus ohio
he wont let me get the 5.0 to put into. but he says i can buy go fast parts for the v6........ :mad: :mad:

but they dont make a better intake for a 3.8L or a carburetor for the 3.8 and i think the a bigger carb would make it run like crap........... WHY DID THEY EVEN MAKE 4 CYL AND 6 CYL MUSTANGS!!!!

ford should get punched in the face for it. :mad:

• Sponsors (?)

lol, don't get too angry lil buddy... J/k, my dad originally wanted to get me a 4 cyl notch and convert it when I got older, but I wouldn't buy into that, I worked my butt off and got straight As till HS and he changed his mind. You have a while so show him what you want and that you can deserve it.

His car is an 86 thats how. But in his profile it says he has a GT which it is not.

Hey there are some pretty bad 4 cylinder turbo mustangs runnin around so you better watch what you say. Also you could convert your 3.8 to fuel injection and run a supercoupe supercharger. That would be pretty cool.

How many miles are on your car?? oh and Steve, his dad has an 86 GT, thats prolly the one in his profile. Just tell your dad that you guys should get another engine from a supercoupe, rebuild it pulley it and go to town porting, then you'll have a sweet ride that is still a v6.

Oh well he should put his car in there then. Makes it easier to help him if we know exactly what he drives.

I think the supercoupe engine idea is a pretty good one, and if he or his dad are pretty good at welding then they could probably make a something to adapt a carb to it. He would have to run a cowl hood though. Fuel injection is another option but it can be pretty intimidating.

supercoupe idea will cost more, be more hassel, and make less power than a 5.0 swap.. its not that great of an idea.. ALIBEIT a way around the slow powerplant he is packing now.

IF you were allowed anything less then 8 cylinders.. I would be getting my hands on the 2.3l Turbo swap myself... believe it or not.. the T-Bird Turbo Coupes and SVO mustangs have more power potentional.. and easier to obtain power than the 3.8l SC-bird.

Yeah, but no body does the supercoupe thing, and there are some people makin over 400rwhp with supercoupe combos. It would be differn't, thats what would make it cool. Also supercoupe engines make over 300ft-lbs of tourqe stock. It would be no problem to get 280 - 300rwhp and 375 - 400 ft-lbs with some porting and a good cam.

If you want to go fast that carburated 3.8L V-6 is a total waste of time and money.

Guess your stuck for the time being.

My father never gave a crap what I wanted to do in the past when it came to cars.
When I was a teen,he let me buy a 72 Mach 1,with a 351C-4V,C-6 auto.

i have a warmed over bolt-on supercoupe and it was faster than my stang until i got serious and did a h/c/i, i would still put a 5.0 in it however, those supercoupes are a pain in the ass to work on and in a stang it would be worse

795.0pacecar said:
His car is an 86 thats how. But in his profile it says he has a GT which it is not.

Hey there are some pretty bad 4 cylinder turbo mustangs runnin around so you better watch what you say. Also you could convert your 3.8 to fuel injection and run a supercoupe supercharger. That would be pretty cool.

mymustang is a 1983 ford mustang glx (turd) vert 6cyl auto

my dad's mustang is a 1986 ford mustang GT 5.0L V8 5 speed. vert.

2 difffrent cars.

here's the thing. i have 800 bucks back right now. sitting in my little bank in my room :D and then another 375 in my paypal.

so i got $1,175 right now. i figure that is enough to get a carbed 5.0L and a t5 or a c4 transmission.

and he say the only reason why he let me buy a car this early was because od the low miles it has on the 83. it has 52,000. ya well runs like it has 152,000.

since i was 10 all i can remember was seeing the older men driving around in the fox body mustang and me just dreaming that i would be able to buy a 5.0 when i was 16. all i wanted was a 5.0 hatch or coupe. i could of cared less what it looked like as long as i had the 5.0. when i was 12 my dad let me drive his 5.0 and well. needless to say i did a burnout without trying then whan i shifted to 2nd the tires got lose and well he thinks that...thats what i will do from every red light.........then my favorite reason is " i know how i was when i have my 79 mustang with the V8 and i dont want to see you get in to trouble with it like i did. 500 miles on brand new tires and they needed replaced. and well i could care less dad.

now getting on to me. i suck at basketball(either shot the ball to far or not far enough). football well i can throw. and any other sport i suck at. the only think that i have an interest in is drag racing. and im not that bad at it either.

with the 86 mustang i got a 14.9XX in the Quarter mile at like 98mph. that was my first time driving the car at over 25mph. i got maybe 2 hours in of getting used to the clutch.

mom and dad always told me. you can do it if you put your mind in it. and well that's :bs: .mom thinks ill kill myself. and well im not that stupid. she thinks ill get speeding tickets. she thinks ill street race. she thinks if i took it to the track that i would wreck. all she can think about is the worse thing that could happen.

would the transmission mounts need to be changed? from going to an auto to a T5?

they have never let me buy a dirtbike a gocart or goped anything along that line. EVEN THOUGH I WOULD OF PAYED FOR IT 100% but no ryan. thats the last thing you need.

Mustangs are what interest me and well they need to get over it.

sorry mom but no way in hell will i go for 3 hours and shop with you. i would rather be working on a car. :mad:

but to clear this up.

the blue mustang is my dad's its the 86 5.0

the brown mustang is mine. its the POS 3.8L V6 :bang:

im just going to sit a brick on the gas peddle and watch the engine blow up!!!!! :mad:

ok enough ranting and all this........:mad:

i get to drive this terd
83stangnewwheels001.jpg

Attachments

• 83stangnewwheels001.jpg
    83stangnewwheels001.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 60
Damn man, If I had that "turd" when I was 14, I'd be the happiest little bitch alive (sorry). My son is 14 and he's starting to bug me about selling him my Capri. I'm not comfortable with that. Somehow the vision of a 14 year old kid with a 5.0 makes me uneasy. I KNOW he'd tear up the streets in it when he turns 16 cause I was that age once and that's what I would have done. Not saying YOU would but I know MY son would. LOL Give it some time, take grey5.0beast's advice..

...and don't hate on that '83 so much. It's a sweet Stang no matter what size engine it has. All Stangs are flippin sweet. LOL

I didn't get my first car till I was 18.

yeah but all i wanted for 4 years was a 5.0 and the 3.8 is a kick in the ass. before that my dad said you can get a 5.0 as long as it is a 79-85. dint want me to have the efi. why i dont know. then after i got to drive his it was no 5.0.

but you want to now the biggest part that sucks. when i was 13 i was looking at a 1990 ranger. had a 5.0 out of a 93 mustang and he wanted 400 bucks. and my dad let me buy it. ok so wtf i was allowed to have a 2,000 pound truck with over 200hp??? then i painted it like fool and put some 18 inch wheels on it and sold it for 3,200..... and i miss the thing so much. that was my first 5.0 i had and it will most likely be my last.

mustangs are getting to cost more and more every day and when im 18 i can get a 5.0 but not till then. and by that time i will be paying for college rent ect and wont be able to afford a 5.0L mustang.

so all in all this blows.

they wont even let me buy a 5.0L mustang that would be built to run the 1/4 and for that to be its soul purpose!!!!!!!!!!

all in all this sucks.

ryan218 said:
he wont let me get the 5.0 to put into. but he says i can buy go fast parts for the v6........ :mad: :mad:

but they dont make a better intake for a 3.8L or a carburetor for the 3.8 and i think the a bigger carb would make it run like crap........... WHY DID THEY EVEN MAKE 4 CYL AND 6 CYL MUSTANGS!!!!

ford should get punched in the face for it. :mad:

they made 4 cyc and 6 cyc mustangs for starter cars for kids who cant afford the insurance on a V8 and or parents wont let them have a v8. Be glad you have a stang.:nice: and be glad its easy on gas!

ryan218 said:
yeah but all i wanted for 4 years was a 5.0 and the 3.8 is a kick in the ass. before that my dad said you can get a 5.0 as long as it is a 79-85. dint want me to have the efi. why i dont know. then after i got to drive his it was no 5.0.

but you want to now the biggest part that sucks. when i was 13 i was looking at a 1990 ranger. had a 5.0 out of a 93 mustang and he wanted 400 bucks. and my dad let me buy it. ok so wtf i was allowed to have a 2,000 pound truck with over 200hp??? then i painted it like fool and put some 18 inch wheels on it and sold it for 3,200..... and i miss the thing so much. that was my first 5.0 i had and it will most likely be my last.

mustangs are getting to cost more and more every day and when im 18 i can get a 5.0 but not till then. and by that time i will be paying for college rent ect and wont be able to afford a 5.0L mustang.

so all in all this blows.

they wont even let me buy a 5.0L mustang that would be built to run the 1/4 and for that to be its soul purpose!!!!!!!!!!

all in all this sucks.

Dude, you're 14?! I didnt get a car until I was 17 and it was a 140hp Honda Accord with a 2.2L 4-cylinder engine... I even loved that car, you dont need a lot of power to have fun in a car. You have a ton of time ahead of you, and if you think that you'll never afford a 5.0 then you had better focus on getting a career lined up... Any career really, there were soooo many 5.0s built that they will never become expensive dream cars. Even look at first gen mustangs, you can pick up nice examples for under $15k... I dont think foxes will ever be more desirable than the classic stangs... You have plenty of time ahead of you, and look on the bright side! Your car is 3.8L (Still pretty big), It's rear-wheel drive (badass), AND its a convertible! Quit whining and you'll get your 5.0 in due time.