My DIY turbo kit is underway...PICS!!!...AGAIN!!!

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by millhouse, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Skip to page 4 for re-linked pics and updates!

2. Well, I've got half of the cold side done. I must say that compared to the hot side...it was a piece of cake. And I allways thought that it was going to be more diffacult.

Anywho, heres some pics of the cold side and my intercooler.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dont mind the welds, I switched the gas mixture and was dialing in my wire feed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next weekend I'll hook up most of the silicone reducers and couplers, and fab up the rest of the cold side.

3. Heres some more pics.

I'll go into more detail after I get some sleep.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Man that looks pretty tough to do, I give you a pat on the back dude...keep up the good work...it will pay off.. :nice:

5. I WANT ONE :banana:

Ill trade ya my PA for your PA :D

6. nice good luck with it

7. looking good keep it up

8. You are going to be a pro at changing head gaskets...

9. Lol, I'll only do it once...and o-ring it while I'm at it. :nice:

10. damn...that actually doesnt' look that difficult....other than the fact that i cant weld....haha good luck with that man.

11. Neither could I. :D Every time I lay a bead down...I get better :nice:

12. Oops, I left a couple out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. O-ring is a thing of the past. Go Cometic! :flag:

14. Can you give me a quick rundown of some of the prices of this project. I'm just curious, though i'm sure it'll just make me mad that i bought a supercharger.

15. You rock man. DIY turbos are the greatest things since sliced bread. I'll be starting on mine as soon as I talk my dad into building a shop out back or I build my own house(probably this time next yr). Keep us posted on your progress.
    Later

Todd

16. So far I'd estimate I've spent ~ $800 including the intercooler and turbos. When all is said and done, I'd guestimate I will have spent somewhere in the neiborhood of $1500 including fuel injectors & maf. :nice:

One thing worth noting is I also had to purchase a welder ~ $600 and a chop saw ~ $200. I didnt inlude those in the price because they are tools...which are handy for many things besides a diy turbo kit. :)

17. Thanks!

I myself couldnt wait for my own house to start the buildup. I had been thinking about doing this for a couple of years, and just couldnt stand waiting anymore. :D

The downside is that because the car is so friggen far away (in my folks pole barn...3 hours away), progress is quite slow. I'm able to work on it every other weekend...sometime less :( .

18. Thats freaking awesome. Any major modifications to the car itself thus far? I think you mentioned some in the other thread, which then got eaten by stangnet.

19. slow down on building it up!!!
    I just wanna race!!!
    what turbo you using?

20. The only mods I would consider major would be the low mileage mountaineer engine…and perhaps the k-member. I never got a chance to run it with just the new engine…but after I swapped it in last year it felt much quicker. I'd say just the engine was worth at least .2 off the 1/4 time in my sig.