My e-brake light doesn't turn on.

BlackFox5.0

Founding Member
Aug 7, 2000
Massachusetts
I pulled out the e-brake handle to have it welded because I had to for my 5-lug rear disc, anyways, while I was putting everything back i saw these 2 wires, one had an eyelet on it, and other had a female spade connector, are these for the e-brake light? I don't see where they go, no do I remember taking it out. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

BlackFox5.0 said:
I pulled out the e-brake handle to have it welded because I had to for my 5-lug rear disc, anyways, while I was putting everything back i saw these 2 wires, one had an eyelet on it, and other had a female spade connector, are these for the e-brake light? I don't see where they go, no do I remember taking it out. :shrug:

YOu have a small white plastic piece the screws to the back of the base handle there. The eye goes against the head of the screw and then through the plastic and into to the handle base. Then there is a male spade on that plastic piece you just installed for the female to mate with.

Ok, so I put that plastic piece back in, with the wires on it, and it still doesn't work, I even touched the 2 wires together,with the key on, and no light.....is there another connection between the dash, and the console?

Dude if you touched those 2 wires together you better check your fuses. One is power and one is ground. You either blew the fuse or didn't have it hooked up right or both. The wire with the loop is the ground and the one with the spade is the power. :nice:

Thats how the switch works, the 2 wires are constantly connected, when you pull the e-brake up, the wires get dissconnected. I think thats how I remember how it works. anyways connecting the wires will have set the light off...

Yes!

Since you do not have the low fluid sensor plugged in, the circuit will not complete. YOu need to jumper wires 2&3 if I remember correctly. Then the dash light will work again with the handle.

ANother reason you should not use the SVO unit on the car. THe SN95 units are a better choice.

I like the pedal feel of the SVO MC

I jumpered the black wire, and the middle wire, and all the possible combinations, and it still didn't work.....the wires are a bit corroaded, but i move the paper clip in and out to make a good connection.

Might you know which colors? There is a black, and I think a green, and a yellow

black is ground.

jumper the other 2 to the ground to figure out which one it is.

Also check the dash light. you should be able to turn the key to ON with the handle up and then jumper it a few times to figure out which one trips the light. It has been a while.