my first 4.6 need horsepower

i just got my first 4.6, i owned a 89 5.0. anyways i need some horsepower and i dont really know any really good combo's. i was thinking of long tubes,off road pipies intake,throttle body...chip... whats a good combo,and what brands.

• Sponsors (?)

MUSTANGSPEED said:
i just got my first 4.6, i owned a 89 5.0. anyways i need some horsepower and i dont really know any really good combo's. i was thinking of long tubes,off road pipies intake,throttle body...chip... whats a good combo,and what brands.

Chip is a good start or get a timing adjuster LT's and a O/R midpipe is another good source of a few ponies. There isn't really a good intake for the price for a N/A mustang. 4:10:1 gears will also be a really good mod for your car unless yours is a auto then I would suggest 4:56:1

How much HP are you looking for is it just for a couple tenths faster or a few more rwhp/rwtq or are you looking to reach a specific goal. If your looking for big time numbers I would go directly to a supercharger or turbo or get a nitrous kit. takes a good deal of money to get a 4.6 N/A over 300 hp but it's getting easier and cheaper with some of the newer parts that are coming out.

Best bet do a search on what your looking for if it's been asked it will show up there. I can't really think of anything that hasn't been asked already.

Foxlake just released their P-51 intake for the 4.6 SOHC. TOo bad they don't have one for the DOHC motors :(

I'd get:
U/D pullies
C&L MAF
C&L Truflo inlet pipe
Foxlake P-51 intake(if it turns out to be any good)
MAC LT's
MAC O/R h-pipe
FMS 4.10 gears(I think 4.56 is insane for an auto. I have an auto, trust me on this -go 4.10)
Ported heads
Real aggresive cams. I like Crower cams, myself.
Of course, don't forget the custom tune. That's pricey but it'll get you some good HP numbers.

MUSTANGSPEED said:
what year is your car?

4.6L SOHC "to get list"

1) GEARS!!!! 4.10s are good

2) Exhaust: O/R Midpipe and a Catback, LT headers if you can afford it.

3) Steeda Pullies and T/A : dyno proven gains

4) Upper Intake with Throttle Body: everyone makes one NOW

with all that you will be putting some power to the ground :nice:

A shifter, Springs and Subframes are also good mods :flag: