My first Cruise in....

If the weather holds I am planning on my first cruise in tomorrow night and thought maybe some of you guys could tell me what to expect. I mainly was wondering if my wife and kids would be bored if this would be more of a mans night out? I was invited but will not know anyone there so it may be a short night.

• Sponsors (?)

I'd recommend bringing the family - at least the wife. I've gone out on local night-long cruises before around here, and I always prefer to have either a good friend or my girlfriend with me since there's a lot of driving, and I get bored driving alone. :D It's a fun thing to do though! Nothing's better than seeing a huge group of Stangs/muscle cars all riding together just enjoying the weather/drive.

What to expect? The first time is always the best, nobody's see your car yet, so everyone has questions and nice things to say. Around here, there's always kids as well, and they seem to bond quickly with other kids. As for the wife, mine can take or leave pretty much every aspect of the car thing , but she usually finds other wives to hang with, but often doesn't go. But my son is always up for it, and loves riding in and cleaning the car.

Bring some folding chairs and get ready to answer questions. I used to go alone if I had guys I was meeting but now that my wife has a mustang to she and the daughter come and we see people we start to recognize. It's your call if you want to go it alone the first time to 'feel it out' I think you'll get into a lot of guy talk with your car just from the pic and specs, the wife may get bored. If it's your chance to sit and talk with the wife between guys that's fine, my wife never realized it could be fun to sit around at a cruise in and is getting more into cars since she shows hers now.

I mostly go to look at others cars and get ideas for mine.
Jon