My first suspension mod of many to come

I just placed my order from oemfordparts.com for my M-3075-D front control arms, 2003 cobra style :banana: . This all stems from my bad bushings and ball joints, and actually got the control arms cheaper than ball joints and bushings alone. I hope to eventually mate these with some good springs and shocks, but all will come as the money does.

Can't wait to get them on, get the car aligned, and get back on the road

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Wayne

• Sponsors (?)

If you aren't building a race vehicle, then you should never have to worry about boxing those control arms.

As far as the weight, I'd rather have a 250 hp, 2800# car than a 350 hp 3800# car. Being heavy is tough on the suspension, the brakes, the motor, everything. I tend to go as light as I can on everything. Of course, a cost vs weight analysis should be considered. That's just my philosophy though.

I sure do like having an SN-95 that's right on the edge of being <3000# though. :)

I love my car, I actually enjoy it the way it is, but every once and a while, i like to treat it to that extra dessert or something. Catch my drift? I'm prolly not going to mod the heck out of it, but i'll give it some extra touches here and there.

Wayne

baglock1 said:
I'd rather have a 250 hp, 2800# car than a 350 hp 3800# car. Being heavy is tough on the suspension, the brakes, the motor, everything. I tend to go as light as I can on everything.

No kidding, my Mustang probably weighs 3700lbs and my civic weighs ~2150. That taught me a lesson....A lighter car is just plain more fun to drive.

hiattwl said:
I love my car, I actually enjoy it the way it is, but every once and a while, i like to treat it to that extra dessert or something. Catch my drift? I'm prolly not going to mod the heck out of it, but i'll give it some extra touches here and there.

I hear ya. I'm not trying to be down on you at all so please don't take it that way. I was just chatting about my philosophy on things. Everyone has they're own methodology and goals.

hiattwl said:
If i want light, i'll buy a ford focus and do the 302 conversion.... OH YEAH!

Wayne

:lol: Of course, the weight distribution is better with a 5.0L Miata. ;)