my first ticket

Sanctus

May 17, 2005
Trabuco Canyon
So it happened. i got caught. By a laser gun not radar(thank you mission viejo police). If anyone is familiar with the area i was on alicia right by the kaiser on my way to vollunteer at the boys and girls club(serves me right right?) and i came upon the crest of the hill and passed a slow truck in 2nd gear and maxed it out to 6k rpm. of course this is precisely when my V1 detector goes off letting me know i just got screwed. so i got clocked at 68 exactly where the speed limit changes going downhill from 50 to 45.. even better!!! haha so the cop is pretty nice but even with a clean record and a polite attitude a warning was just not plausable. I guess it takes a ticket to dislike police passionately. So he wrote the max speed in the zone at 50 so that makes 18 over (ouch) so i can take traffic school without a problem. i deserved it but i wasnt doing anything dumb. i really wish i could feel like i was doing something dumb but theres a protected median and light traffic conditions so i figured passing him would do no harm. obviously i was wrong. lesson learned, but it really didnt take a ticket to put it in my head... just being pulled over is enough.. but since when does punishment come in necessary dosses. I know i deserved a ticket at 18 over(actually 23) but before you condemn me how many times have you done it? no i wasnt impressing a girl or racing some civic, simply driving too fast.

and this ticket just added to my wonderful week with my grandmother dying. my father losing his job( and consequently my free college tuition) my mother having a VERY serious infection of Staff and Streptococcus Bacilli (for those who are in the medical field you will understand that with lymphadema is EXTREAMLY serious and so all of this is just a great test given to me and my family from God. JUst to see how much we can handle and still remain faithfull.

So heres a message to all you Stanger's. Just remember that the cops really are out there to get you. its their job, they may be great people, but traffic cops have the sole purpose of keeping the streets safe, which in this case means giving out tickets to (hopefully) prevent more accidents. So just drive accordingly. i blame Corsa for the ticket by the way.. these mufflers just sound too good over 4k rpms.. its just not fair...

--Sy​

• Sponsors (?)

Sanctus said:
yeah i doubt your 16(till tomorrow) yeah i got a ticket the day before my birthday, thats lame. if i was just a few year older...

I'm 16 too. My first ticket happened to be on my 16 B-day when I stalled at a stopsign and my car jumped forward.

Cops hate kids with good cars... it's that simple..

Gotta love cops that use laser. A very similar situation happened to me where I came over the crest of a hill going too fast and my detector starts screaming at me but since it was the laser alarm I knew it was too late. There was no outrunning a police Interceptor in the Tauras :D

I got off with a warning for 79 in 55 the other day. He didn't even run my plates, it was quite an interesting traffic stop since it lasted about 2 minutes start to finish. Alot better than the ticket i got for 19 over 7 days after my 18th birthday on Christmas day lol.

thanks for the birthday shout-out bigcat! ohh and goldenpony... im just even more worried about tickets as im installing the H pipe (sitting in my garage) in the next week just waiting for the stupid intake and sct II to arrive from bamachips that i ordered on july 20th... that will make me feel even worse about driving like an asian grandmother driving a prius after this ticket.

*No offense is intended to any asian women of older age
*Nor any offense to anyone driving a prius

they simply are cautious and patient, and very concerned with gas consumption

haha goodnight boys, and girls?

--Sy

$#*@% Cops

I know exactly how you feel. I am 18 and I get bad looks from every cop I pass, they realy do just hate kids with nice cars. And a lowered black GT with SLP Loudmouths and black 19' rims kinda tends to stand out. I cant even count how many times I have been pulled over for BS reasons, and sometimes even for no reason(at least 15). And it never fails, they always say that I am such a lucky kid for my parents to buy me such a nice car. Then I politely tell them with a smile on my face that I work hard for my money and I pay for my car myself! If I get one more point on my record I am getting my liscense suspended. Man I hate cops!

Don't take this the wrong way, b/c their are *******s in every institution, they all have their bottom 10% no matter what. If I was a cop and I saw someone under 18 doing some crazy stuff in his/her car when I was around, I would try hard to put a lasting impression on them in any way I could. I can't quote statistics, but as a common sense generalization I would say it's much more likely someone that has only driven for 2 months to 2 years is not likely as good of a driver, fast or slow, as that average 25-60 year old (random ages). This isn't saying that either of you necessarily fit into this category, but I can see where an officer might hassle you with intentions of making the street safer. Of course I can see them being pissed off b/c their wife won't let them spend that much of their own paycheck on something that nice and you get to drive around in it at 16 or 18 too lol.

93grunt i completely agree that if i was a cop and i saw a kid in my car. i would deffinately probably give him a ticket. i know i do not represent the mean of kids my age. I simply cannot afford to act like people my age and the like. I have too much responsibility at my age to do soemthing truely dumb. but how can i convince a cop that i am not capable of racing some dumb*#&$ 120 miles an hour on side streets... well i cant in the 2 mins of intereaction we had. So i understand wheres the cop is comming from, but it still doesnt change the fact that being stereotyped as immature and irresponsible really does suck.

Gee, another person get's a ticket and it's time to hate cops. I'm so sick of hearing about people crying when they get caught. Let's face the facts...if you break the law you get punished, that's why you elected the officials that are in office that in turn enact the laws. When's the last time someone hated you for doing your job? I would bet a million dollars that if you or a family member needed assitance as a victim of crime the police would be the first people you call...what a shame. If you do ever find yourself needed police assistance, I hope you have the intestinal fortitude to express your dislike towards them before they begin to help you (like when your car get's keyed by an ex-girlfriend or your sister get's beat up by her boyfriend). At 16 you must realize that driving is not a right, it's a Privilege and if you don't act responsibly it may be taken back.

You said for all the stangers to look out because the cops are out to get you: This is entirely true, if you break the law that's their job. This only applies to criminals, all others need not worry.

You also said it added to a great week for you and your family. Shame on that cop for making you slow down so that the rest of your family is attending a funeral next week...bad cop.

I am truely sorry for the current happenings in your family...all except the part about free college. That's another problem with today's youth...everything is owed to them. Go out and earn your degree, either through outstanding grades or old fashioned hard work and it will mean a lot more to you.

Sorry if this post offends somebody, but like I said before: I'm tired of people saying they hate or "dislike police passionately". Many of us are very proud of our profession and I just feel obligated to defend my brothers and sisters.

I for one, don't hate cops. I love what cops do for me and my family. I think it is more along the lines of the cops hate me because of my car. I live in a small ritzie town and the cops just like to give kids a hard time. Sanc, jus bite this ticket and move along. A 15 year old driver isn't going to get off in the eyes of a judge.

btw, were you driving illegally by any chance?