My first time at the strip

89five.o

Jul 8, 2005
So my runs weren't timed since it was simply heads up street racing but I still had a blast. I raced at Dezert Demonz in El Paso Texas. I started the night off horribly losing my first two races right away. I wasn't used to the pro tree and since I'm not too hot of a driver I had a hard time finding traction with such little time to think before the light changed. The cars I lost to were a subaru wrx and sadly an 06 Mustang LX. I was pretty upset since both I should have taken easily. The next race was against an integra. I told myself that if I lost this time I would be done for the night. Well even with a bogged down launch I still won so my confidence was boosted a bit. My next three runs were against my buddy's all wheel drive turbo talon. I handed him his ass three times by a lot. :) I tried racing the wrx and mustang again since I was getting better but they had already left.....better luck next time hopefully! We should be heading back on Friday and I might get some timed runs. I'm addicted now!

• Sponsors (?)

You lost to an 06 LX (LX does have a 6-cyl right??) with your mods???????? I have way less mods than you and I beat up on a 05 GT 5-spd convert. Well I say I beat up on him, they were real close runs everytime, but I still prevailed.

Aaron'S'tang said:
What makes you think you should have beaten the WRX. I'm not seeing much in your sig that says you are going to clean up on a WRX. Especially seeing as he doesn't need to know how to launch his car???????

I don't recall him saying that he should have beaten them. What I got form it, was that he was starting to get the hang of things and wanted to see if he was able to do better than the skunking he he got at the start.

Good job on starting the whole drag race scene. Sorry about the big L's. You can't always get the W's. But hey reguardless of what others might say, it was a good job for your first time. And a pro tree is very hard to get used to. Maybe when you hit a real dragstrip on an open street car night you will run a full tree and get some times.

It's very hard for anyone here to launch correctly off of street tires w/o bogging or spinning... bogging is what I try to do since it's a better alternative ;)

The best advice I could ever give you is to save up and buy some street drag radials like Mickey T's... You'll never have a problem hooking again on street or track until you do something like a Heads/Cam/Intake or Naws.

Good job though for spanking that teggy :nice:

PS: Street Drag Radials no good for rainy days... I almost lost my life because of that mistake so buy a set of cheap "D holes"

90mustang_GT5.0 said:
lol.. he said he hadent been used to the pro tree, it was his first time at the track.. ill prolly lose to a 2cycle moped my 1st time at a track.. he'll prove him self friday with better storys!!

moped are 1 cylinders.....want to see what i did with my moped :D

ill post the link when i get home. school's computers wont let me. go to putfile.

89five.o said:
So my runs weren't timed since it was simply heads up street racing but I still had a blast. I raced at Dezert Demonz in El Paso Texas. I started the night off horribly losing my first two races right away. I wasn't used to the pro tree and since I'm not too hot of a driver I had a hard time finding traction with such little time to think before the light changed. The cars I lost to were a subaru wrx and sadly an 06 Mustang LX. I was pretty upset since both I should have taken easily. The next race was against an integra. I told myself that if I lost this time I would be done for the night. Well even with a bogged down launch I still won so my confidence was boosted a bit. My next three runs were against my buddy's all wheel drive turbo talon. I handed him his ass three times by a lot. :) I tried racing the wrx and mustang again since I was getting better but they had already left.....better luck next time hopefully! We should be heading back on Friday and I might get some timed runs. I'm addicted now!

thats not bad for your first time out...my first time out over summer. and my first run was a 17 something :rolleyes: i did horriable. all i wanted to do was put it to the floor and well it didnt work. ive gotten better.

you will get better....

BTW...whats the difference between a pro tree and just a x-mas tree you see at most tracks? :shrug:

also. stock for stock. a 5.0 5 speed ve a new 05 5 speed. both bone stock. what one would win in the 1/4?

ryan218 said:
thats not bad for your first time out...my first time out over summer. and my first run was a 17 something :rolleyes: i did horriable. all i wanted to do was put it to the floor and well it didnt work. ive gotten better.

you will get better....

BTW...whats the difference between a pro tree and just a x-mas tree you see at most tracks? :shrug:

also. stock for stock. a 5.0 5 speed ve a new 05 5 speed. both bone stock. what one would win in the 1/4?

Too young to have mastered the art of derailment are you... much to learn you still have :nonono: