My Fox Is Alive!

Lovejoy

Jerking And Popping
Jan 3, 2016
Illinois
Update after so many fails and problems. Took car to the track for test n tune 3 weeks ago. Last pass car started the popping and wouldn't drive more than 3 mph. Turns out I slack in checking obvious problems. Rotor had bent terminal and cap was in rough shape. Unfortunately my friend offered to take it to his house 2 hrs away and take a look before we figured that out. On the plus side he did drill and tap two broken bolts from my water pump which was a big concern of mine. Also adjusted tps, timing, all vacuum leaks were sealed all new gaskets for egr, throttle body, ect. Three weeks later I pick up car runs and drives good not great simply because TV cable needs adjusting. Friend didn't get to it because I was in rush to pick up. With a very helpful YouTube video and 5 minutes of my time cable is adjusted and car is night and day. Car hasn't kicked down for over a year at least and never knew it was so easy. First ride was just as good as I thought it would be. Feels like a 5.0 again! On top of the great feeling read that an unadjusted cable can burn an aod up pretty quick. Glad mine is still good to go! Ran 9.30 with bad cap and Rotor and very poor TV cable. Can't wait to see what she does now!

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)