my friend was challenged to a race by a Girl.

King Cobra 22

Feb 29, 2004
My friend was challenged to a race by a Girl.Do you think she is gonna win?

My friend was challenged to a race by his girlfriends friend.He wants to race but he thinks he is gonna get beat pretty bad.His girlfriends friend is a girl that drives a silver 00 gt auto with flowmaster exhaust.She wants to race his
95 auto gt.His mods are 4:10's,tloc,dynomax exhaust,O/R h pipe,Air intake,shift kit and pulleys.The girl wants to race him from a 20 mph roll and he wants her to race her from a stop.There is an open road by her house that is about a 1/4 mile long.He will be very embarrased getting beat by a girl in front of his girlfriend.He will never hear the end of it.Do you think he will beat the girls 00 gt from a stop and from a 20 mph roll?

• Sponsors (?)

Assuming both are coupes and not convertibles, it should be a pretty close race.

All in all, I think your friend might win in his 95 gt.

The 99+ gt's are a little heavier aren't they? (Can someone confirm?) Not to mention they only have a 3.27 gear ratio.

JMHO, I think your friend has a good chance.

i personally think he will get beat. our autos are doooooogs. ive been challanged by a few girls and gotten beat. people make a big deal about it but i dont. just faster cars especially if it is a faster automatic car. now if we were evenly matched and both stick shifts, id probably be more angry if i lost then but a loss is a loss and i know a handful of girls with nice and fairly fast cars. tell him to prepare for the worst cause i dont think he has it.

plus, im guessin his computer doesnt like from a 20mph roll with his 4.10 and an auto. i think it would try to shift into first, then redline before it tries to hit second then fine from there on out but have him practice that first just to make sure it doesnt happen :)

With those mods he should beat her.
Stock 2000 GT Mustang:
- 1/4 mile = 14.5
- 0-60 = 5.9
- hp = 260@5250
- tq = 302@4000
Stock 1994/95 GT Mustang:
- 1/4 mile 15.0
- 0-60 = 6.6
- hp = 215@4200
- tq = 285@3400
However, this ain't gona be a stock for stock race. With her mods (if that is all her mods) she may have only gained a tenth of a second. Good luck, don't forget to post the results:)

Ive seen stock '99+ GTs hitting 13.6s and .7s. I've also seen stock '95s hit 15.5. I think the '00 will win. I dont think it will be close either especially from a roll. My AODE w/ 4.10s hated rolls bad. I raced a '00 once and had similar mods plus a GT40 intake and C&L MAF and we were dead on.

I would race her and if you lose, which I think you will (sorry bro), just make up some really good excuse. You can even pretend to your girlfriend that you let her win cuz she's a girl. :)

Off the line, the 95 will smoke her!!!

She wants to race at a roll because the 4.6 needs to be reving already...rather it pulls at higher rpm. The 5.0 can make power right from idle. tell your buddy to race her from a dead stop, I'll bet you he smokes her.

Sounds like a close race to be. But the 00 GT has the edge. I bet the 95 run's high 14's w/ it's mods, and the 00 GT runs 14.3.

Tell her to race from a full stop. That is the only chance you have. If she won't, then tell her she's chicken/scared she would lose! That should set her off!

Don't race from a roll. You will lose by a 1-2 car lengths otherwise!
Scott

Having both cars (both autos) i must say, stock for stock my 01 would kill my 94.

the 4.6's love to rev, and dont hit there power until 3k rpms. your 95 with 410 gears will shoot out of the hole quicker then her 00GT, thats for sure, but her car does have a h/p advantage, so i you make the race short, you might win.

My stock 01 ran 14.5's@97, spinning with a 2.4 60'
The 94 with all the bolt ons ran 15.3's@87 with 2.3 60's

I have raced 00 gt mustangs before in my stock 95 gt and done just fine...difference is I have a stick and plenty of experience with a clutch...but yeah..a stop is the way to go the torque being lower down in the powerband is the thing that will help...from a roll I say no chance with an auto ...quite possible if it were a stick..but from a stop even the auto has a chance I would think..

have some faith, i ran a 2004 gt, auto, with an offroad x pipe and 3.55 gears and people thought i would lose, i beat him by a car from a 45 mph roll, i also have a 5 speed... should be a close race, best thing to do is just go out there and do it, who cares if you lose to a girl 'with a faster car', its all for fun

I can take my roommate's 2000 GT no problem. I say race her reguardless, it's all in good fun. If he's that worried maybe he shouldn't be racing in the first place.

I say if his girlfriend's friend has a mustang he should get rid of her and hook up with the girl with the stang. Then this thread would say, "should my friend use his mustang or his girlfriend's mustang to race tonight?"

Chicks in mustangs = :drool: :drool: :nice: