My job with Petty at Daytona

95Cobra302

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2002
Daytona Beach, FL
I got my dream job about 7 months ago working with the Richard Petty Driving Experience, we travel to other tracks but I mainly work at the greatest race track here at Daytona. I'm training to be a driving instructor so I get paid to drive around the track. I mean does it get any better than that!!!! I started racing at Gulfport Dragway in Mississippi, then San Antonio Raceway. It's been a long road, but going around Daytona is a dream come true.

View attachment 242382

View attachment 242383

View attachment 242384

View attachment 242385

View attachment 242386

petty7.jpg

petty8.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks alot guys. I got into mustangs and fords about 10 years ago, and started learning about cars by tinkering with my own. Got a job working at a speed shop, we worked on hot rods and everyday cars, I just didn't really enjoy it. On my only day off on Sunday, I didn't even want to mess with my cobra. That was a sign to find something else. I've been in the military and done other things, but this is the best, when you have a job that you enjoy so much you'd do it for free, you know you've found your true calling. Plus, you can't beat being at the track all day hearing the sounds of carbed v8's screaming around the track!