my leather seats have started cracking

• Sponsors (?)

Get some leather conditioner and rub it into the seats , it will help them from drying out a little Also try parking the car in shade or using something to cut down on the direct sunlight to them but the best bet is to buy some new skins , they only get worse but u can prolong there life a for awhile.

94GTLaserRC said:
Pretty much nothing...You could buff it well with the leather conditioner to soften it up a bit...may slow it down, but nothing will really stop it.

(unless someone else here knows something I dont, in which case they will chime in)

RC
i buffed it before it ever started all the time and after it start to do it. its just the drivers seat doing it

BPA said:
Get some leather conditioner and rub it into the seats , it will help them from drying out a little Also try parking the car in shade or using something to cut down on the direct sunlight to them but the best bet is to buy some new skins , they only get worse but u can prolong there life a for awhile.
where can u get new skins at

:shrug: I think the leather has had too much UV rays and it is just decomposing.

If it's split, maybe sew the cracks back together?? Someone else chime in on that, as I don't have a clue if it would work.

Time for the seats to get new leather, I imagine.
Scott

Many places with put new leather on for u. I think new skins are like 300 buck each but im not sure . Someone will chime in and tell you were and how much. much cheaper this route than paying an apolstery shop to do it i would think. All you need are some hog ring pliars, hog rings and a pair of dikes suposing the seat is out.