My Mustang-Modifications

I have an '08 Ford Mustang Roush (Stage 2) with the following: 4.6 Ltr. V8 supercharged by Roush. 18" Roush Chrome Rims. 275/40/ZR18 Nitto NT555 High Performance Tires. Chrome Flowmaster exhausts, Side Scoops, Hood Scoop, Cervini Pedestal Spoiler, High Intensity Lights, and Steeda Cold Air Induction. 480 Horses, RWD, 402 Horses to the rear right off launch. Its shy of 500 horses some, which is where i want to get it. I bought it recently as is. What suggestions do you have in which i can raise my horses to at least 500. Thanks for all help in advance.
jjp-superstang-albums-my-stang-picture6332-08-ford-mustang-gt-stage-2-roush-front.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Unlikely you'll get there with that blower. It's advisable to do a forged bottom end for that power level (500WHP) as well. What do you use the car for (ie: daily driver, nice weather car, drag racing, etc)? Is it a manual or auto?

Nice weather car, but plan to drag. I have improved axles and oil filters, and such, but unsure of what exactly i should do to bump it up just a bit.

it sounds to me like you want to just be able to say it has 500hp. if you dont have a track time you're trying to hit there's no sense in wasting more money for a few extra hp.

my advice: learn to drive your car well

it sounds to me like you want to just be able to say it has 500hp. if you dont have a track time you're trying to hit there's no sense in wasting more money for a few extra hp.

Why does that matter? If he has the money more power to him. What are you his mom? Who needs any more power than 400 really. Most of the guys with blowers just have to have fun.

I understand the want to be able to say i have 500 hp. If you dont have anything to help him then why post?

Get the VMP500 kit from VMP tuning. They have a great reputation for tuning the M90 Roushchargers. You can save a little money since you already have the Steeda intake that is included in their kit. Just call them and let them know you have it already. I think Justin is the guy you want to talk to.

I'd hate to say this.. but I actually agree... why put thousands into just being able to say you have "500 hp" unless there are times you are going for, especially when it's so close to it anyways? I'd put that cash into handling or something. </end nanny rant>

brycerichert: I want to get a bit more horses, and if that means buying another part thats up to me, I've made it clear of what my intent is. If you are going to try diverting my decision away, and not help, then don't post. I understand you say handling, but i don't care about that, because if i were to race it'd only be drag. So i'd like help on how to increase my horses. Thanks to the people who have tried/or recommended me something, Klaw, Ct07, and Burns.

brycerichert: I want to get a bit more horses, and if that means buying another part thats up to me, I've made it clear of what my intent is. If you are going to try diverting my decision away, and not help, then don't post. I understand you say handling, but i don't care about that, because if i were to race it'd only be drag. So i'd like help on how to increase my horses. Thanks to the people who have tried/or recommended me something, Klaw, Ct07, and Burns.

OK, strip the entire interior and lose some weight yourself. That should make it go faster.

Swell.

small shot of nitrous, drag radials, or smaller blower pulley/over drive crank pulley, and or blower cams.
Assuming you are talking about 500 crank hp and not wheel hp, than you should easily get there. Lighter rims and tires may also help, depending where you want the speed... enjoy the roush :)

depending on pulleys you have on there, a custom tune may get yo to 500chp as well...

I'm going to ignore brycerichert, since hes acting like a kid on these forums, however, mjk, thank you on your help, blower cams seem like a nice choice. And yes i want, straight Crank HP to be 500, i have 405 RWHP which is more than satisfactory for me; and thank you, i love my Roush... she's my baby. :)

I'm going to ignore brycerichert, since hes acting like a kid on these forums, however, mjk, thank you on your help, blower cams seem like a nice choice. And yes i want, straight Crank HP to be 500, i have 405 RWHP which is more than satisfactory for me; and thank you, i love my Roush... she's my baby. :)

no problem, the m90 roushcharger does have a relatively low hp ceiling, but 500hp is no biggie :)

Haha, Burns, thanks man, you get what i mean. :) But for the exhausts, i have a full Flowmaster System, but to Ct07 i didn't hear about that, whats the cost for that run? Also Klaw, its a Manual...

VMP Tuning - Buy Ford SCT & GM Custom Handheld Flash Tuners Performance Economy Towing: VMP 500HP package for 05-09 Roushcharged Mustangs

Give them a call, don't just order it online. They can probably give you a break on the price if you already have the steeda intake.