My new combo, for those who are interested...

Well most of you know i had the gt40 crate motor.. I originally planned to go with an sc, and just stick it on the gt40 crate engine.. Well that changed pretty quickly, after talking with ED C about my options - new heads or port my gt40x's, i decided it would be best to go with a new set of heads. So i joined the group of AFR owners here! I recently sold all my old stuff to a good friend with a FOX, so hopefully he will be in the 12's this season.

So heres a pic of the new parts- AFR 165's, scorpion 1.6's(stud mount), timing chain, upr power pipe, vortech aluminum discharge pipe, and missing from the photo is the FTI custom cam, should be here next week hopefully.

Ultimately im hoping to go mid-low 11's at 120+. Not sure how much boost its gonna take yet.. Gonna start with ~9-10#'s and see how that does.. My car does only weigh 3070, and should be around 3000 even come race season, then add my 175 weight to that.

new_parts_2.jpg

afrs.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I'm jealous for only 1 reason... the supercharger :D Guess thats my next step after I do some little things to complete what I've done so far. Good luck with the install and have fun with the car when its done :flag:

Well heres my list of weight reduction..

Alum driveshaft
Alum heads
no ac
no smog
aluminum underdrive pulleys
no dog bone
no back seat
GUTTED trunk - even went to the extreme of peeling up alot of the stick on inulation stuff on the floor of the trunk/back seat
No rear seat belts
alum lca's
offroad x pipe

Thats all that is coming to my mind right now, if i think of more i will edit it. It is a fully loaded 95 gt with leather BTW

Now keep in mind that i had the 17x9 chrome cobra R's on when i weighed it. I never got a chance to see what it weighs with the skinnies, and i will have a set of rear welds to match my skinnies come spring. The cobra R's are VERY heavy rims.

Damn Jess, I just thought you were gonna slap the S-trim on. That's gonna be sick with the weight. Running 11's shouldn't be a problem if you want to be daring. The only reason I haven't shot for the 11's is due to the stock T-5 and rear.

OT-What springs do you have? I'm looking into the Lakewood struts and shocks combo. Actually Strange just came out with adjustable struts. Just doing the research now.

Joe, I contacted PA and they had nothing but praise for the strange adjustable struts. I would NOT get the lakewoods, definitely get something adjustable like the strange or tokicos. When I decide to do it, if I can afford it I'm getting tokicos, if not I'm getting strange.

PA's website (this is the K member to get too if you're looking to do that)
http://www.performanceautomotiveracing.com

OT-What springs do you have? I'm looking into the Lakewood struts and shocks combo. Actually Strange just came out with adjustable struts. Just doing the research now.

I have the stock springs still. They work great.. In your case since you hardly drive the car i would deff go with the lakewoods. I love the front end lift, i would never change a thing with my suspension, it works great. Its fun being next to someone on the street and punching it and it looks like the front end is gonna come off the ground. I do have ALOT of weight off the front of the car though, and i just put the batt in the trunk to offset the s trim as well.

Nice Parts!! Where'd you get the heads? Upgraded springs? Can I ask how much? Does your car still have MACH 460? That is really light!!

Thanks jake.

I got everything from ed, the heads came with the Valve Spring Upgrade, Viton Seal Upgrade, ARP 7/16 Rocker Studs. ABout 1500 alltogether for the heads.

The car doesnt have the mach1, just 4 polk audio speakers.

yellow1995Cobra said:
I got everything from ed, the heads came with the Valve Spring Upgrade, Viton Seal Upgrade, ARP 7/16 Rocker Studs. ABout 1500 alltogether for the heads.

What's the seal upgrade? Does Ed do any "clean up" on the heads? Damn, I want to get my weight down to where yours is. I think the only things that I'll keep that you don't have will be the MACH 460 and the A/C, otherwise I'll do all the other weight reduction stuff. Good luck at the track this spring!

Jake

What's the seal upgrade? Does Ed do any "clean up" on the heads? Damn, I want to get my weight down to where yours is. I think the only things that I'll keep that you don't have will be the MACH 460 and the A/C, otherwise I'll do all the other weight reduction stuff. Good luck at the track this spring!

Jake

Im not sure on either account. I know the seal upgrade is highly recommended from most afr owners so i went with it. I just told ed what i wanted from the car and he told me what to get. From seeing other peoples times with his combos i trust what he says.