• mvc374fyp4.jpg
    mvc374fyp4.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 61
  • mvc373fot2.jpg
    mvc373fot2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Sponsors (?)

krash kendall said:
That is sweet WORTH! I love the bed rails and stock radio. Looks really unmolested.

Ya, the only thing that isn't stock is the 3spd has synchro in first and the OD is missing. I actually own the right tranny with OD for it, but I was gonna put it in my '46 pickup. Not sure what I'll do now, probubly depends on how I like driving this the way it is.

I did add intermittent wipers, but it appears totaly stock.

i agree that is a nice f100. we went project vehicle spotting again today and found a few more that body style, a ton of 63-72 chevy pickups, i swear i don't think i've ever seen as many old "knee-knocker" early chevy trucks in one day as i did today. found 3 late 60's/early 70's novas, a 68 or 69 dart, a really nice bone stock original 63 or 64 fairlane 500 wagon which was sitting right next to one of the f-100's, a late 60's/early 70's dodge shortbed with a utility box and an econoline van, probably a 71 or so. oh and several 60's chevelles and impalas including a 69 Imp vert. all of this was in one little town about 15 miles from where i live.

i almost bought a 70 el camino from the guy that had the 69 impala convertible several years ago but i couldn't come up with the cash in time before someone else got it. it was a total project car though with the rear floor pans under what would be the back seat in a wagon rotted out really bad from the removable panel in the bed leaking. anyway this same guy has a bunch of other stuff behind his shop, last time i was there he had a 63 galaxie 500 convertible and some other verts out there.

i hope my brother gets that longbed f-100 we found last week, i think that would be a fun project for him.

thanks for posting the pics Worth, i'll pass them on to my brother.

chepsk8 said:
Why not put in that 460 you have?

Schweet PU!!! Pro-Streeet it!

This is actually going to be a short time DD for me, I just needed a truck while I'm building my 74 F-350. I intended to paint it and sell it when I got the 74 done, however my wife has taken a liking to it so it may become her DD when I'm done with it. If that's the case I'll leave the engine, add P/S and A/C and paint it the color of her choice.

I don't really have a use for the 460, I'm regressing to the OLD stuff, I have 2 390's and a 312 on the shelf right now, one 390 is going in the 74, I have a 390 and a top loader for my 70 Stang Ragtop, and the 312 is going in the '46 pickup with the 3spd OD tranny. And that should probubly take me until I die, so the 460 is an extra:D

Nice

Your killing me:( :( I've been looking for one of those for a year and a half now. Seems like the nice ones a WAY out of my price range and those that might pass as a DD aren't worth the bondo that's holding them together. Nice truck, I'm jealous:rolleyes:

heres mine. I really like the 61-66 body style, particularly the 65-66. We've got two 65 shortbeds, a 66 F250 longbed, and a 65 F600 flatbed. Mine was a custom cab, but I shaved all the trim off the side.
It looks like your truck has a 64 grill and hood. The hoods are the same, you just have redundant emblems, easy fix though. Looks like a solid piece.

65truckfrontangle.jpg

test081.jpg

Attachments

• 65truckfrontangle.jpg
    65truckfrontangle.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 59
  • test081.jpg
    test081.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 58
tweet66 said:
Your killing me:( :( I've been looking for one of those for a year and a half now. Seems like the nice ones a WAY out of my price range and those that might pass as a DD aren't worth the bondo that's holding them together. Nice truck, I'm jealous:rolleyes:

Did I mention I paid 1500 for it?:D

302 coupe said:
heres mine. I really like the 61-66 body style, particularly the 65-66. We've got two 65 shortbeds, a 66 F250 longbed, and a 65 F600 flatbed. Mine was a custom cab, but I shaved all the trim off the side.
It looks like your truck has a 64 grill and hood. The hoods are the same, you just have redundant emblems, easy fix though. Looks like a solid piece.

Ya, I think I may keep the 64 grill and mount driving lights where the park lights belong, I have the correct grill but I don't like it as much as this one. I'm still contemplating a tilt nose so I may not need the hood at all, the hood needs work and so do both front fenders and I'm missing the lower stoneguard. I found a complete tilt kit for 1000 bux, may be the way to go, depends on what I find for parts in the mean time.

WORTH said:
Ya, I think I may keep the 64 grill and mount driving lights where the park lights belong, I have the correct grill but I don't like it as much as this one. I'm still contemplating a tilt nose so I may not need the hood at all, the hood needs work and so do both front fenders and I'm missing the lower stoneguard. I found a complete tilt kit for 1000 bux, may be the way to go, depends on what I find for parts in the mean time.

I'd avoid a one piece front end at all costs, nothing but trouble. IMO, it would look really goofy too. I'm sure you can find some steel replacement panels or repair what you've got and have a better result, probably cheaper too.

302 coupe said:
I'd avoid a one piece front end at all costs, nothing but trouble. IMO, it would look really goofy too. I'm sure you can find some steel replacement panels or repair what you've got and have a better result, probably cheaper too.

the one I found uses the OEM bumper grill and lights, have you had bad experience with them? Looks pretty good in the pix and they claim they sit in a tongue and groove spice on the rear part of the fender, seems like a good idea. What do you know that I should be afraid of?

I saw a truck at the F100 Nationals one year that had a glass nose. I can't vouch for the brand he had or the craftsmanship that was involved in putting it on, but it did not look good at all. Have you ever been going down the freeway next to a newer Kenworth or Freightliner with the tilt front end? Ever noticed how they fit kinda loose and flap around? The front end on that guys truck looked about the same. If you think you can pull it off and have a good result, don't let me stop you. I see fenders and stuff on ebay all the time, it would be worht the effort to track down some steel replacment parts. I know LMC truck sells ALOT of sheetmetal for the old trucks, so check there too.

302 coupe said:
I saw a truck at the F100 Nationals one year that had a glass nose. I can't vouch for the brand he had or the craftsmanship that was involved in putting it on, but it did not look good at all. Have you ever been going down the freeway next to a newer Kenworth or Freightliner with the tilt front end? Ever noticed how they fit kinda loose and flap around? The front end on that guys truck looked about the same. If you think you can pull it off and have a good result, don't let me stop you. I see fenders and stuff on ebay all the time, it would be worht the effort to track down some steel replacment parts. I know LMC truck sells ALOT of sheetmetal for the old trucks, so check there too.

I was kinda adding up the plus's, like light weight,full engine access, and never rusting again. So far I haven't heard any horror stories about them. I have a lathe and a mill, so if there is a problem with the hinging or alignment I should be able to deal with it. I would think the only drawback would be if it was a chinsy assembly to start with, and I probubly wont know that until I buy one. Unless somebody else has bought one that I can talk to.