My notch and my friends GT (PICS)

SVT32VDOHC

waiting for the next hack atta
Founding Member
Nov 22, 2001
Motor City
Found these on my old memory stick from March 2007, thought I would share!!

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x258/svt32vdohc/DSC01846.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x258/svt32vdohc/DSC01845.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x258/svt32vdohc/DSC01839.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x258/svt32vdohc/DSC01837.jpg

My friends 90 GT now has a new paint job I put on for him...and new 03 Cobra chrome replica wheels. It has a 392 in it, so the street tires don't let it get much traction!!:rolleyes:

Here's a fly by of his car when I was in my truck

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x258/svt32vdohc/?action=view&current=James90GT-8.flv

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks everybody! I can't wait to get them back out!! I remember the day we were out on Woodward (1st two pics) We drove by the Camaro and Trans Am hot spot and ripped it up...all they did was jaw drop :jaw:

bbeck---The old wheels are sitting in the garage. He kept them in case he goes to the track because the 285-40R17 Goodyears on the rear DO NOT hook that car. He just wanted them for better looks. The car drives and handles way better two. Those skinnies were no fun around town.

Good looking notch for sure. How is the bastard swap coming along? :D

You mean "Project 81 Hack Job"? It is going along well. I don't put a ton of hours in each week, I still have time til spring. Look for "Part IV" of the updates coming soon in 5.0L Talk. It is close to running, and most fab work is done. We skipped a couple things and got a head start on the body work. I will have pics of it by the weekend!!:nice:

Once again thanks for the kind words! Unfortunately, one notch will have to go, it will be the hardest car selling decision I have ever put myself through!!!

You mean "Project 81 Hack Job"? It is going along well. I don't put a ton of hours in each week, I still have time til spring. Look for "Part IV" of the updates coming soon in 5.0L Talk. It is close to running, and most fab work is done. We skipped a couple things and got a head start on the body work. I will have pics of it by the weekend!!:nice:

Once again thanks for the kind words! Unfortunately, one notch will have to go, it will be the hardest car selling decision I have ever put myself through!!!

Get plenty of pics. :nice:

Nice looking cars, we can't get away with tint up here in the center of the state, yet. They're starting to get a little easier on people- unless you run into a state boy. My mustang has 5% all the way around, but it stays out of state.

bbeck--Not always. My notch has 20% all the way around. I keep my windows down while driving. I only roll em up at the red light. My Lightning had 5% all the way around...looked SWEET, but I got pulled over the first night I had it and the windows were half way down...:rlaugh: 5% is hard to see out of.....even 20%, I have a hard time seeing out of.

Foxman-- I like how you put that...thanks...."I like your notch.....a lot"! :rlaugh:

TurboFox---Smart move. I sold my original 96 Cobra wheels in 2005. In 2006 I bought 97 Cobra wheels of my friend who I sold the 97 Cobra to and put those on my notch. In 2007, I bought another set of 96-97 wheels from a guy at another yard. I bought them to have a spare set, even though they are corroding, I can always recon them. Funny....how wheels go through so many Mustangs!!:D

Are you going to see how the '81 turns out and if it meets your expectations then it gets to stay? Either way a tough decision... Since getting my notch I wish my first Mustang had been one but i've put so much work into my LX Hatch I can't just walk away from it now.

Are you going to be running '87-93 exterior trim/nose or are you sticking to 4-eye exterior trim/nose? I've been curious about that for awhile...

wow, that looks like my driveway when my buddy's over, except that GT is a lot nicer than mine. :(

on_the_left1.jpg

Attachments

• on_the_left1.jpg
    on_the_left1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 61
FIVEOLXHATCH--Exactly. I am gonna see how it drives and see if I like it. I'm also bringing both to the track and my Dad and I are gonna race them against each other!! That will be fun. I am gonna finish the 81, enjoy it for the summer and make the decision in the spring of 2009. I originally wanted to do this same thing to my 91 notch, but I didn't have any info on the swap. The exterior is getting ALL the 87-93 stuff. Doors, quarter glasses, moldings, trim, bumpers, lights and cowl screen. It has the 01 dash, stereo, column, console, seats, carpet, air bags, front seat belts, motor, trans, rear axle, ABS system with tractions control, and gas tank. The only 87-93 stuff on the interior will be door panels, quarter trim panels, and possibly rear seat belts. ( I might keep the 81 lap belts for a cleaner look. Some people did not want to see me go with newer parts, but the 81 stuff was really rough, and missing most of the exterior trim.

CENOK is FAMILY---Thats cool when a bunch of stangs are over. My friends 90 is really nice now. I painted it for him. Many key marks and chipping of moldings from previous owner. The car was painted so many times too, I stripped most of it down because the paint was lifting. He just liked the huge motor and monsterous torque when he bought it.

Sounds like a good plan. It's hard to decide if you want to build something like a modular fox when there's no one else around with one you can drive yourself. I am hugely partial to the 87-93 styling as I think it's the cleanest they came up with on the fox cars though the 4-eye stuff is growing on me lately after working on my brother's '83 more. The problem is the parts aren't as readily available as you mentioned for the earlier cars. I'll be very interested to hear your initial thoughts on the swap when you get it up and running! Modular is something i've toyed with alot for the future.