My Setup, need opinions on where to go next

MikeH686

Mine is only two inches though.
10 Year Member
Oct 11, 2011
Waldorf, MD
Ok so about a month ago i bought a 5.0 and ive been worried more about the interior then engine and now that my interior is almost done im pulling the motor in order to repaint the car. while i have the motor out i was wondering what i could do with it while its out

Let me begin by listing what all is already done with it
302 5.0 motor with .030 over bore
75mm maf sensor
Holly systemax intake manifold
Edelbrock Performer heads 2.02 int. 1.90 exh
Forged 10:1 pistons
Forged eagle h beam rods
Custom Ground lunati cam that came out of a 347 turbo :shrug:
Turned stock crankshaft
255lph fuel pump feeding 40 psi to fuel rail
24lb injectors
aluminum radiator
electric fans

Im pretty sure thats everything so i dont know the specs on the cam and was thinking about pulling the cam and having a machine shop tell me the specs ... i do want to end up turboing the 5.0 probably around next spring so i know if i do that i either have to get a thicker head gasket or get new pistons with a compression of around 8.5 or 9 havent decided but i was wondering what everyone thinks i should do with this setup right now?

thanks for any input :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a nice running NA set up. I'd assume the throttle body is 65 or 70mm. You didn't mention any exhaust mods, but I assume it has some. Your choice presently, if you want more, comes down to increasing engine size (bore and stroke), supercharging, or turbo charging. Super or turbo means lower compression ratio. NA could run higher compression (I'm running 10.6). If you're going to turbo charge, settle on a kit, and talk to them about what they recommend.

yeah its all custom exhaust ... but for some reason it seems like it still has the stock headers, the only reason i am saying this is how rusted colored they are but in a way they also look like long tube headers that i have on my truck but exhaust is all true dual exhaust