my stang went up in flames today

fiveohGT

Jun 22, 2004
Fairfax Virginia
I was driving down the road today when all of a sudden smoke started pouring out of the a/c vents. Luckly it started happening right as i pulled up to my friends house. I pulled the car over turned it off and got out. My shoe was on fire and flames were going everywhere right under the dash above my feet. I was able to put the fire out using my friends garden hose. After about 10 minutes my car could be mistaken for a swimming pool. I let it sit for 5+ hours for it to dry after i bailed out most of the water. When I went to start it the clutch was completely limp. I have no idea what happened, damage seem pretty minor to the interior but I have no idea about behind the dash. I wil probably be getting a new car b/c this was scarey as ****.

• Sponsors (?)

that sucks dude! I'm guessing it was an electrical fire caused by bad wiring behind the dash? Did you install anything new recently? Good luck with whatever you end up doing, luckily you can just swap most of the stuff over to a new car fairly easy.

There are lots of electronic components under there, who knows what went out, but be glad you got the fire out and didn't get hurt. Sorry to hear what happened to your car, that does suck.

I always keep a fire extinguisher in the car.

fiveohGT said:
yeah im not sure what to do. its too late to look at it let alone think about it. I see an 03 mach 1 in my future

mach 1... good choice , you will love it .......get long tubes and 3.73 or 4.10 gears and custom SCT tune and it will run strong .......