mystery oil pressure problem

sounds like someone was trying to spin the driveshaft with it and dropped it down the hole and left it rather than try to drop the pan.

Yep

Also, I didn't think pulling the pan in the car was that big of a deal, I knocked it (the pump changeout) out in a day

BTW now would be a good time to at least stake the oil galley plug with apunch, since tapping them would just introduce more crap into the galley.

• Sponsors (?)

using a lift and a tranny jack to push the block off the pan I can see this being feasible but in the driveway youre still best off pulling the motor.

Reactions: 1 user
sounds like someone was trying to spin the driveshaft with it and dropped it down the hole and left it rather than try to drop the pan.
i'm thinking the same thing stykthyn, because when i went to turn the driveshaft when i took the dizzy out i used a shallow well socket and then realized that i had to use a deepwell socket to even reach the driveshaft, you have to be very carful when lowering that setup in and out of the dizzy hole, its very easy to bump the setup and knock a socket off in the abyss! lol! I have a old distributor i also modified many years ago to prime the motor but i had to do the extension and socket setup to see if oil was coming out of one of the galley holes, OH and another thing i almost forgot to mention is this motor breifly had a vortech on it before i traded for the car,and the oil pan has a plug in the side of it where the return was, one of the small chips that i found looked more like a shaving from either drilling a starter hole for the drain or taping the hole for the drain, man you cant be careful enough when you do that stuff!