Progress Thread Nasty Ninety Notch

Update: Done Dirty Again?

I noticed when I opened the hood that someone had accessed the car's diagnostic pigtail. I say this because last time I used it I snapped it back into place. When I opened the hood it was loose. This is not needed for a water pump/ throwout bearing/ rear main/ pilot bearing R&R -which is what it was in the shop for. While that in and of itself will not cause problems (i.e., being moved around), it is possible to short out fuel systems if used improperly.

That leads me to my initial diagnostic test. I now have three new codes that were not there before. One of those codes is the dreaded 96 which I've fixed before. That one code alone means that my car is not reliable to go around the block much less across the state. The car now has two additional codes to 96 that were not there before: 87 and 95.

I have no idea how long I will be without a car, but after this shop telling me that my rear axle seals were leaking when they were not, then putting the wrong transmission fluid in and causing possible damage to my transmission, and now several new codes after having been in their hands I conclude that they are not trustworthy. I have no idea how long it will take me to fix my car.

Codes:

87 (c)
95 (c)
96 (c) AGAIN

@jrichker

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Aahhh! What's that about? That's yours?
That's mine. I'll be taking a BEATING if it sells, but I'm just not able to keep up with things. I'm in bed most of the time. Anyhow, I listed the current 3 codes. I don't want to cheat anyone.

Funny thing is, it has 3 fuel system failure codes but the car starts hot or cold and runs. Go figure...

Reactions: 1 user
That's mine. I'll be taking a BEATING if it sells, but I'm just not able to keep up with things. I'm in bed most of the time. Anyhow, I listed the current 3 codes. I don't want to cheat anyone.

Funny thing is, it has 3 fuel system failure codes but the car starts hot or cold and runs. Go figure...
Well that sucks Joe. I understand the frustration though.

Man, I wish you the best with this. It's such a nice looking car!

Update: SOLD

Well there is an aspect of bitter sweetness in the air. I let the car go for $7k. Obviously I'm taking a financial beating, but sometimes life happens. I thank the Lord for the quick sale. It was on eBay for less than 24 hours. The buyer is on his way from San Fran now.

Reactions: 1 users

Well there is an aspect of bitter sweetness in the air. I let the car go for $7k. Obviously I'm taking a financial beating, but sometimes life happens. I thank the Lord for the quick sale. It was on eBay for less than 24 hours. The buyer is on his way from San Fran now.
Congratulations brother! Having a fox body is usually a bottomless moneypit. $7K! You done good man.

Now use that money wisely and go buy a fox body with a carburetor so you won't have so sht many problems.

I'm happy you were able to make a quick sale though, seriously. I hope life will give you a break for awhile with your health and your next mustang!

Congratulations brother! Having a fox body is usually a bottomless moneypit. $7K! You done good man.

Now use that money wisely and go buy a fox body with a carburetor so you won't have so sht many problems.

I'm happy you were able to make a quick sale though, seriously. I hope life will give you a break for awhile with your health and your next mustang!
Thank you, Dave!

$7,000.

That triggered my gag reflex. Could have got almost double that in Houston!!! I understand the reasoning but it doesn't mean I have to like it, haha. Speedy recovery man.

$7,000.

That triggered my gag reflex. Could have got almost double that in Houston!!! I understand the reasoning but it doesn't mean I have to like it, haha. Speedy recovery man.
I hear you. I'm struggling physically, we are moving 3000 miles in 7 weeks, there's fuel system codes, and it was a bird in the hand. It had to happen.

Sorry to hear that man. I'm glad you were able to sell it quickly though. Hope you recover quickly.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Update: Thank You

Guys, thank you for all the input you have had through the past few months. You have been really helpful with car problems. More importantly, thank you very much for your well-wishes and encouragement. It's nice to know people care, as you do. I hope that my posts have benefited you in one way or another. I'll see about taking some pics from within our other car as we drive across the country.

This is completely unrelated to cars, but it is more important. As you all probably already know I am a Christian. I believe in Jesus as my Lord and Savior. If any of you have any questions for me concerning the faith I profess please do not hesitate to contact me. My email is [email protected]. Feel free to email me. In the mean time pick up a good Bible translation (e.g., NASB, ESV, NKJV), and check out the Gospel of Mark. I wish you all the best, I hope to post some pics for you guys, and, even though our new place will not have internet for a little while, once we get it, I will update you on the next car -whatever it is.

Go get you some F-bodies!

Reactions: 3 users
Update: Thank You

Guys, thank you for all the input you have had through the past few months. You have been really helpful with car problems. More importantly, thank you very much for your well-wishes and encouragement. It's nice to know people care, as you do. I hope that my posts have benefited you in one way or another. I'll see about taking some pics from within our other car as we drive across the country.

This is completely unrelated to cars, but it is more important. As you all probably already know I am a Christian. I believe in Jesus as my Lord and Savior. If any of you have any questions for me concerning the faith I profess please do not hesitate to contact me. My email is [email protected]. Feel free to email me. In the mean time pick up a good Bible translation (e.g., NASB, ESV, NKJV), and check out the Gospel of Mark. I wish you all the best, I hope to post some pics for you guys, and, even though our new place will not have internet for a little while, once we get it, I will update you on the next car -whatever it is.

Go get you some F-bodies!
It will be a mustang though, right?:D

It will be a mustang though, right?:D
I'd like it to be on one hand, but am gun shy on the other. It certainly wouldn't be a roller again. It would have to be fully functional, especially if a fox...and I'd take it to a dealer or maybe Steeda, and bring my own code scanner.

I wouldn't mind a termi, or some other 4 valve New Edge since I've never owned one of those before. I would still throughly check it out and scan for trouble codes. In any event, I'd like to stick with Ford. We will see how it all turns out.

Reactions: 2 users