NastyStang113 just got blown !!

NastyStang113

Sep 12, 2008
Florida
Well as some of you know the original plan was to use a Roush TVS kit except use a GT500 Eaton M122 blower. The plans ended up changing and I ended up putting the Roush TVS kit completely on my car. I would have liked to done the GT500 Eaton M122 just to be different but I’m more than happy with the results of the Roush TVs. I’m actually ecstatic about the results to say the least.

Most of you know that the Roush TVS is the blower that comes on the Roush P51 cars. These cars have built blocks and run ~13 psi with the 7.05” crank shaft pulley and 2.95 upper blower pulley. This became a problem for my car since my car has the stock block. After some deliberation, I decided to run the stock 2.95 upper blower pulley with the Steeda UDPs which uses a 5” crank pulley and a larger water pump pulley. I was able to reduce boost to ~7.5 psi by using the Steeda UDPs. I might end up going with a VMP 2.65 upper blower pulley to get another two or three pounds of boost out of it, not sure. I spent the weekend working on the car, only a few hours here and there. I finally finished the car Monday after a slow process. It wasn’t too bad of an install though, Roush’s instructions were pretty decent. The Roush TVS kit is a very well put together kit. I’m very happy with the outcome and think it’s a very clean set-up. I really couldn’t be happier with the way the kit looks and how clean everything came out.

Now Tuesday the car was tuned by Justin at VMP Tuning. I had Justin email me a tune to limp over to his shop to get it on the dyno. I’ve used Justin in the past and have had nothing but great results with his tuning and customer service. So, it was a no brainer that Justin was going to tune the car. The first dyno pull we did with the temporary tune the car put down 420 rwhp at only ~7.5 psi right off the street. I was thrilled to say the least !! After a few more dyno pulls and changes we were able to put down 462 rwhp and 428 ft lbs. Pretty good results, right? Wait, I forgot to mention … I’m running the stock fuel pump !! I’m willing to bet there is a lot left in the TVS with the addition of a set of GT500 fuel pumps. I’m going to be ordering them ASAP and getting the car re-tuned. I will post results once that happens. I couldn’t be happier with my decision to get the Roush TVS blower kit and have Justin from VMP Tuning tune it. The tune is spot on and drivability is very good. The car is super smooth and feels good during daily driving and at WOT. Now I just need to get a set of drag radials !! Kudos again to Roush and Justin from VMP Tuning !!

View attachment 267982

View attachment 267983

View attachment 267984

• Sponsors (?)

Very nice...now that 'Stang really is NASTY!

Be careful - they are a handful with that blower, and they take some getting used to - especially if you have stock suspension.

Make sure you are pointed straight when you let her eat. If you are taking a corner and hammer it as you come out that sucker will try to swap ends on you so fast you won't know what happened. Trust me. (I didn't swap, but I went like this: :eek: ) and then ordered the whole Steeda suspension catalog. :D

Thanks again everyone for the compliments. It's a new car to drive that's for sure. :D :SNSign:

congrats man, what did everything run you if you don't mind me asking?

Too much !! :(

Very nice...now that 'Stang really is NASTY!

Be careful - they are a handful with that blower, and they take some getting used to - especially if you have stock suspension.

Make sure you are pointed straight when you let her eat. If you are taking a corner and hammer it as you come out that sucker will try to swap ends on you so fast you won't know what happened. Trust me. (I didn't swap, but I went like this: :eek: ) and then ordered the whole Steeda suspension catalog. :D

Thanks a bunch. I've got a pretty much full suspension set-up (still panhard bar) so it helps keep it straight and predictable. I am a little uneasy about getting into it around corners still. I really don't want to spin out with it. Honestly driving around time easy is actually smoother now than before. It's just once you get into boost that it's game on !! :D

Hey Nasty, well done. That thing must be a blast to drive. I am thinking of going the same route myself. I wondering what rear gear your rinning. I have 4:10s at the moment and I'm thinking they might be a tad low for a street driven S/C car with that much HP.

Opinions?

I've got 3.55s so I can't really give you a good justification. Are you planning on racing the car a lot? If so than I wouldn't be too worried about doing the 4.10s with it. The only problem is like kooldawg said I'm making 300 rwtq at 1400 RPMs. I mean you can make it work but it's going to take a good rear suspension and some good tires. I don't know what you're plans are for the car though.

I ran the car at the NMRA Spring Break Shootout in Bradenton. I haven't done much drag racing so the times are lacking but I'm trying. Car ran good other than being extremely hot and heat soaked from the cruise and sitting in the staging lanes because the "True Street" class had 108 cars in it. I know the cars got 11s in it though. The car was ran exactly how it's run on the street with 20" wheels, Steeda Sport springs, etc. Now, I'm going to have to get out to the track to get a lot more practice in !! :nice::nice:

View attachment 266928