Need a lil exhaust info

1990Coupe

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2002
Toms River NJ
OK im considering a new cat back.... my tips are a little scratched. Its a flowmaster cat back. Im looking in an SLP loudmouth cat back. I Love the tips, but my question is this- my buddy has it on a basically stock GT, does anyone have expirence with a modded (HCI) 5.0 with some slp loudmouths??? or a sound clip with a 5.0 with HCI? i cant find anything or a sound clip? much thanks :cheers:

• Sponsors (?)

bassani has good stuff but its pricey

AftCat_2003_Cobra.jpg

Here is a soundclip. This I believe was the first SLP catback for fox's, coupled with a decent motor set up, LTs and an off road X. If you ask me it sounds downright pissed off! On a stock motor it might not sound as good but this set up screams.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/mac/8/c810d932-c49b-4606-9bb9-7a18e0f3bd2d.htm

I have Spintechs on my car with LTs and an off road X, and although I dont have any good clips (the one I have is a crappy camera taking video) it sounds pretty good. I got her running the other night, and I hope to god the tails quiet it down some. I know I have exhaust leaks bu with it running for 5 mins it was rediculousely loud. If I can get a camera Ill try and crank it up tonight and get some clips without tailpipes!

Here is a soundclip. This I believe was the first SLP catback for fox's, coupled with a decent motor set up, LTs and an off road X. If you ask me it sounds downright pissed off! On a stock motor it might not sound as good but this set up screams.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/mac/8/c810d932-c49b-4606-9bb9-7a18e0f3bd2d.htm

I have Spintechs on my car with LTs and an off road X, and although I dont have any good clips (the one I have is a crappy camera taking video) it sounds pretty good. I got her running the other night, and I hope to god the tails quiet it down some. I know I have exhaust leaks bu with it running for 5 mins it was rediculousely loud. If I can get a camera Ill try and crank it up tonight and get some clips without tailpipes!

OMG :drool: SLP IT ISSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pissed off is exactly how that car sounds i love it!!! thanks for the link 25th! exactly what i was looking for :nice:

Im just kinda not digging my exhaust sound and that will definatly change it up. Spintechs are pretty much the same thing as the SLP loudmouth muffler - a straight thru design right? im sure the tails well help quite it down. Now im friggen excited i dont know what to do first the DR's in the rear or the exhaust! im all giddy LOL

I would personally go with the SLPs over the Bullitts, but thats just me. My friend has SLPs and it doesnt sound like a pickup like the Bullitts seem to make some cars sound! Spintechs are not like the SLPs, they are a rectangle and you cant see from one side through the other (it is offset, but I think there are some baffles in it).

Don't get too excited about the SLPs. I've always loved that video 25th posted, but that's the ONLY soundclip i've ever heard of SLPs that was good. The rest of them sound like garbage. Maybe only the originals sound good, loud mouth IIs sound like junk. I'd really like to know because that does sound amazing. I'm a big fan of the sound of Mac mufflers. Here's bentley429's car with h/c/i and a powerdyne. Shorties, o/r x, and Mac muffs. It sounds a lot better in person, but it'll kinda give you an idea. I think it sounds pretty badass, one of my favorites.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/99bf3481-8c6e-45c7-8626-c6232e62d372.htm

Cherry Bomb is advertising a full line of mufflers now. I'd like to hear some of them. My truck had their "Vortex" muffler on it when I bought it, and it sounds pretty good, and it's still in great shape.

I would personally go with the SLPs over the Bullitts, but thats just me. My friend has SLPs and it doesnt sound like a pickup like the Bullitts seem to make some cars sound! Spintechs are not like the SLPs, they are a rectangle and you cant see from one side through the other (it is offset, but I think there are some baffles in it).

bullets sound great and for the price...can you beat em?

Mob's car

http://media.putfile.com/idle-bullets

Don't get too excited about the SLPs. I've always loved that video 25th posted, but that's the ONLY soundclip i've ever heard of SLPs that was good. The rest of them sound like garbage. Maybe only the originals sound good, loud mouth IIs sound like junk. I'd really like to know because that does sound amazing. I'm a big fan of the sound of Mac mufflers. Here's bentley429's car with h/c/i and a powerdyne. Shorties, o/r x, and Mac muffs. It sounds a lot better in person, but it'll kinda give you an idea. I think it sounds pretty badass, one of my favorites.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/99bf3481-8c6e-45c7-8626-c6232e62d372.htm

Cherry Bomb is advertising a full line of mufflers now. I'd like to hear some of them. My truck had their "Vortex" muffler on it when I bought it, and it sounds pretty good, and it's still in great shape.

I had a mac cat back before and it did sound good too - do you have any clips of any more SLP's?