Need advice on donor car.. Input appreciated

Ok... So im still new on the board.. And i have 0 mustang enthusiast friends... So anyones advice is well appreciated.

Current project: 93 coupe lx

After scouring local junkyards and ebay... I decided it would be more cost effecient for me to find a non operable 5.0 donor car for all the parts i need..

Needed parts:
Hood: including hardware-mounts-release cable ect

Headlights and sockets - possibly even harness

Fan shroud - radiator - supports - overflow bottle

Wiper fluid resevoir with pump and hoses

The wiring under the hood is a complete mess.. As well as the entire vehicle wiring...so basically we will just say i need all the wiring

I need dash plastic components... And door panels + guts for the windows

Interior kick panels..

taillights.. And inner guts for the trunk

Transmission components... Fuel system components.. Lets just say i need alot!!!

As far as my research has shown.. The only major differences from a convertible to a coupe is the suspension.. Some extra frame support.. Of course the top... A pillar plastics and rear seat plastic panels

So all of that said and done... Is it feasable to purchase a
91 convertible 5.0 and use it as a donor??

I know the wiring is different in the 93 for the maf harness... But if i transfer all the wiring over i shouldnt have a problem...

I found a 91 vert for 650 bucks... Blown head gasket

I think i will be ok with that car, what to you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

If the car comes with the trans you want and most of the other components, it's a good deal regardless of whether or not it has every single part you need.

I just wouldn't plan on using the engine, a blown head gasket means it's probably ruined.