Need Advice on set up

daviszx3

Jun 3, 2007
maryland
here it is i have a 90 notch with a v3si trim 10psi charger, exhaust and 373's with no other mods...well i recently bought a explorer upper and lower, 80mm mass air, 42lb injectors and a Fcam...k well first off how does that all sound and 2nd im pretty sure imma have to change my valve springs on the e7's at least thats what ive been told in order to run the f cam...any springs that you would recommend? also any certain procedure with installing this cam other than just lineing up the marks on timing gears like the factory one?

• Sponsors (?)

here it is i have a 90 notch with a v3si trim 10psi charger, exhaust and 373's with no other mods...well i recently bought a explorer upper and lower, 80mm mass air, 42lb injectors and a Fcam...k well first off how does that all sound and 2nd im pretty sure imma have to change my valve springs on the e7's at least thats what ive been told in order to run the f cam...any springs that you would recommend? also any certain procedure with installing this cam other than just lineing up the marks on timing gears like the factory one?

Bout the only springs you can run, are the Trick Flow upgrade for stock heads, or the Ford Motorsports A50 springs. All you can run is single springs, unless you machine the heads. So yes change the springs out

Installing a cam straight up is a crap shoot. OTS cams cam be anywhere from 4° advanced or Retard at the dot to dot position. Cam Degree kit and a multi indexed timing set is the only way to be accurate, to find if the vavle events are where they are supposed to be. Is it neccessary.....No in most cases. Is it optimal......Yes. :nice: