need advice

06tungstenstang

Feb 25, 2006
just got home today with my wifes new gt.im trying to decide on what i need to do to make it badder.i found a good deal on a bassani x-pipe.and ive decided on the eibach pro kit.what should i get to go behind the bassanis,i was thinking the flow 40 setup would sound pretty bad.what do you guys think about that setup?do you need to tune for just exhaust?eventually ill get the cai and a tuner but shes wanting the exhaust and some stripes asap.now on the suspension,im keeping the 17 inch bullitts that cam with the car,they match the car perfectly.they are a little small for my taste but shes happy.should i do the sportline kit or do you guys think that it would be too low?i dont want her to have to worry about speed bumps or anything.if i decide on just the pro kit,will i need to do anything besides just getting the alignment done?will i need new dampers or anything?thanks guys for the help.im really pleased with the car so far,i was surprised how good it sounded from factory.but i cant wait for it to scream. ohh another question,whats the best width to get the stripes?i was thinking 12 inches,but will wider look better and how far should they be apart?ok i think im rambling,thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

get the flowmaster axle-backs, #17410, they are around $275 at summit. if you are worried about the speed bumps, get the pro kit. some have needed camber bolts, some have not. if you get an off road x pipe, you will need a tune. if you leave the cats, you should not need a tune. if you stay with the stock h pipe, and only get the flowmaster kit, you will not need a tune. the best bang for the buck is either gears or a CAI/tuner combo.

06 check here and other forums for sound bytes on exhaust. brenspeed.com has alot of sound clips. Depends on what you want. Anything on the market will sound better than the factory. If you want a deep sound check out the SLP loudmouths,FRRP(Borla)s types,Bassani. The flows IMO aren't that deep but, to each his own. Good luck and congrats on the new Stang!

well just got me a bassani x-pipe today,with the cat delete.just need to get me a mil eliminater so i can put them on.im going to try the x-pipe with the factory mufflers at first and see if the wife approves.then if that dont do it,i think ill go with the flowmaster 40 setup.too cheap to pass up.now i was told that the exhaust doesnt require a tune,i was under the impression that the cai is what will cause the car to go lean.i need to research this a little more.id post a pic if i knew how.every time ive tried at different sites it always says my pics are too big.

how do you guys feel about stripes.i was thinking silver stripes with the tungsten gray.i need to find some pics of that setup.do you guys have any opinions on the width?

got to drive the car a little more today,im not sure if im going to change the suspension at all.it handles pretty damn good on the twisties.

yeh i just heard that on the brenspeed website.what about the bassani axle back kit?i was looking at the stainless kit with the straight thru mufflers ,and 4 inch rolled tips.would those sound better?im looking for a real mean sound ,but i want it to be clear as well.