need help again. 2 things.

fivespeedsteed

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
Richmond, VA
first off the easy one. im using mothers carnuba cleaner wax to wax my car. when i washed it today, it didnt seem like it was beading up like it should. should i get some turtle wax to wax it with next time? or is it becasue its bad for cars to bead up, because theres no lead in the paint, so this wax makes water run off? what do you recommend i wax with next time?

now the bitch. some of you may remember my leak problem:

well i finally got the carpet shampooed and back in the car. with new weatherstripping. the only problem....i lifted my floormat (passenger side) and saw water. again. in the same god da*n place. this time it is a lot less. and it isnt under my seat like it was last time. i still dont think its coolant, i have straight antifreeze in there, and i havent added much at all. if the heatercore was leaking i would think i would be overheating, ect... also people told me that when its the heater core, the heat blows a steam looking thing out of the vents.. mine isnt doing that. ive blown out all the sunroof drains... ive gotten the weatherstripping replaced. and ive tried cleaning out the defroster drain with a coathanger. im kinda dumbfounded. is there a way i can monitor my exact coolant levels? i just washed it (see above) and before i did it i took looseleaf paper and taped it to the door where it was running out of the a pillar trim before, and around the floor part of the firewall with the carpet pulled back. i washed it and especially hosed down the side that leaks. when i opened the driver door and looked. all the paper was dry. i then waxed my front bumper, and went and looked again, and this corner of a piece is wet. right where the door starts to curve. if the water was running down the a pillar trim like it was, and down the door, like it was, then to the carpet, the peper is now wet where the door sil is, but not where it rain down the door before :shrug:

im some kinda confused. ill be bored tonght so ill prolly end up back out there taping down more paper and hosing away. let me know what to try. im gonna try not running my defroster a bit too i think.

edit: i just put more paper down, sprayed again and i found its doing the exact same thing it was. running trhough the w-stripping somehow, down the a pillar trim out onto the door and to the floor. im just wondering how it gets to the tranny tunnel side of the floor now... and how to stop it from leaking

• Sponsors (?)