need help dealing with roller lifters!

D347643

Banned
Jan 28, 2003
portland, OR
ok im gonna replace my lifters since the stock ones are collapsed. I am gonna be running a stock cam with 1.7 roller rockers on the exhaust side (about to begin turbo project) anyway my question is whether or not i should just buy new "stock" lifters to replace my busted ones, since i wont be running a lot of lift or buy aftermarket ones.

thanks,

Drew

• Sponsors (?)

How many miles are on the stockers. They should be fine with the stock cam.

Were they collapsed when the motor was running or did
they collapse when they were taken out. How do you know they are bad? They pump up with oil pressure.

But it would never hurt to get a new set to ease your mind. Its really up to how much money you want to spend.

well if im only gonna be running 1.7's on the exhaust side then it wont be much of a lift with a stock cam. So i assume the stockers would work fine, right? I dont remember when they collapsed, all i know is with my new engine all the high reving kind of messed them up. High reving is 6k for me. I even tried tightening down the rockers to ake sure it wasnt them and the noise only got worse. It almost seems like it gets worse as the engine warms up.

stockers? yay or nay

Drew