Need help from fellow stangers, just got back from track

blink327

Jul 6, 2004
There was some seriously wrong. Finally got my car down to the track. All mods are in sig.
Best time of the day wa s a [email protected] mph with a 2.3 60ft. I had this identical run about 3 times, i just couldnt get any more mph even with perfect shifts at 6k all the way down the track.

The car still does have 19lb fuel injectors. Could this be what is killing me? Ive heard i should def. be running 24's.
The intake spacer is leaking slight amounts of oil, could there be a vac leak?
I checked the timing yesterday, with the spout out i was checking right about 18*.
There is no pinging or surging at all. It pulls to redline very well but the power is just not there. Im very very new to the 5.0 game, does anyone have any guesses?? :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

You at least need to get an adjustable FPR for your car if you're running 19lb injectors! You really need 24lb injectors for it to run its best. Also work on your launches... Maybe get some DR's because with the mods you have you should get 1.8-1.9 easily

Hi,
Practice Practice Practice.... I can't talk much still learning .... but Get dynoed and get your fuel mixture right first before you hurt the motor. Before you go (dyno) get a bigger fuel pump and Adj. fpr.edit:(just reread your sig. you have afpr, sorry), do research on the 19# injectors and see what HP they support, as everyone above said.

Then take it to the track, this is what I've learned/read.
Are you leaving at the 2nd yellow light.. don't wait for the green.
Street tires -- don't use the water for your burn out drive around it.
Slip the clutch out of the hole.
Do things different til you find what is right for you.
Shift at different rpms. Auto or 5 speed ??

I was running 14's last year and the beginning of this year, now down into the 13's. My son drove my car and ran a 13.5, the best I've done is a 13.64, still more in the car still trying.
Mods:
http://members.nuvox.net/~zt.steveh/mustang/mustang.html

Practice, Practice Practice....

Get your car safe first then have fun.

Steve