need help picking out springs

Well I agree that 2" is too much. I don't know about all else in here, but I have personally installed eibach, H&R, Progress, and FRPP springs on multiple cars... 8 I think to be exact. I have seen good kits/springs and bad ones. There are a ton of variables to consider, but yes MM is def a good company with reputable products. I do not recommend the eibachs and would still suggest the Progress brand. When I purchased them they had progressive in the front and linear in the rear. Do some research on progress and see where they develop their tech... Pretty impressive when your test bed is some of the most world famous racing. I first heard about them as they were installing them on a focus in 5.0 Mustang. They rambled so I tried... I am more than satisfied. It also only claims 1.5" which is about right.

Lastly, I can clear all curbs without any problems. The air dam that hangs down to redirect air to the radiator occasionally gets bumped, but its not that big of a deal. I have NEVER hit a curb with my front end as a result of going too far.

• Sponsors (?)

Well I agree that 2" is too much. I don't know about all else in here, but I have personally installed eibach, H&R, Progress, and FRPP springs on multiple cars... 8 I think to be exact. I have seen good kits/springs and bad ones. There are a ton of variables to consider, but yes MM is def a good company with reputable products. I do not recommend the eibachs and would still suggest the Progress brand. When I purchased them they had progressive in the front and linear in the rear. Do some research on progress and see where they develop their tech... Pretty impressive when your test bed is some of the most world famous racing. I first heard about them as they were installing them on a focus in 5.0 Mustang. They rambled so I tried... I am more than satisfied. It also only claims 1.5" which is about right.

Lastly, I can clear all curbs without any problems. The air dam that hangs down to redirect air to the radiator occasionally gets bumped, but its not that big of a deal. I have NEVER hit a curb with my front end as a result of going too far.

What don't you like about the Eibachs? You say the progress autos were tested in race vehicles but i'm not looking for racing springs, just a better ride. If they do provide a better ride then the Eibachs I will give them a try. And did you add a bump steer kit or new CC plates?

What don't you like about the Eibachs? You say the progress autos were tested in race vehicles but i'm not looking for racing springs, just a better ride. If they do provide a better ride then the Eibachs I will give them a try. And did you add a bump steer kit or new CC plates?

I was referring to the testbed they used because it really shows the engineering ability along with the most rigerous situations. Again, these springs have improved ride quality in all of my vehicles. I dont like the eibachs because if I get more than 2 people in my car its like a carnival ride. That, to me, is a horrible investment. BTW, I am referrencing my 98, but a close friend of mine has the eibachs on her 91GT and I have ridden in it as well, and she also dislikes them. I dont want to make your decision for you, just wanted to throw in my experiences.:nice: I dont want you upset with me if you dont like em... although I am sure you will

As long as they are better than stock and lower it a little I will be happy. did you add a bump steer kit? I don't really know much about them so could be a tough install.

The install is actually quite easy, but if you have never done it then I dont reccomend doing this alone... Too many variables such as spring compression and placing the springs in the right spot... Just good to always have an experienced helping hand. On this car I have not added the bump steer kit yet, dont ask me why. I think its cause it gets MAYBE 4k a year...

081105_003.jpg

I used the Progressive rate springs from BBK, I think they rated them for 1.5". Very nice ride and it made a huge differnce in the corners (i also added KYB shocks and struts with Poly bushings all over)

that is one clean ride dave:nice: