Need help w/ wiring for electric water pump

gmkillr

Founding Member
Jul 13, 2002
I'll be the 1st. to tell you that I suck at anything electrical, and I need some help w/ the wiring for my relay & meziere electric water pump. This is what the schematics from meziere's site says-

O.K. there's 2 wires coming off of the pump-
1. blue wire=wire to a switched source
2. black wire=ground

There are 4 wires on the relay
1. blue wire= wire to a switched source
2. black wire= ground
3. orange wire= directly to alternator
4. green wire= fuel pump on signal

1st. question- For the green wire thats suppose to go to the "fuel pump on signal" , does that mean the fuel pump relay?, isnt it suppose to be 0 voltage w/ the key off and get 12 volts w/ the key in the on postion, correct? Thats how I wired it up, to the fuel pump relay and it has 0 volts w/ the key "off" and 12+ volts w/ the key in the "on" position Or is this suppose to be wired to somewhere else?

2nd. question- For the orange wire, do you really put it directly to the alternator? Thats just the same as just putting it directly to the battery, since the alternator runs directly to the battery. either way thats what I did.

3rd. question- For the blue wire, the wiring schematic says to wire both blue wires to a switched source, does that mean to a source that has 12 volts w/ the key in the "on " position only? Or does that mean to wire both of them to an actual switch that you flip yourself?

When I wire it all up like like mentioned above, & just put the 2 blue wires together and not wired to anything else the fuel pump turns on w/ the key in the "on" position and never shuts off, so I shut it off after I realized that the fuel pump wasnt shutting off. I want to wire this all up so the water pump runs just like normal w/ the car running or even w/ the key in the "on" position, and I also want it to work on a switch so I can just flip it w/ the car off and let the pump circulate the coolant. I messed w/ this for quite a few hours today and could not get anything to work like it should. Somebody please shed some light on this for me as im about at the end of my wick! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: Am I trying to do this all wrong or what? Please help me! :laugh:

• Sponsors (?)