need help which supercharger

Bolt on 5.0

Founding Member
Jun 26, 2002
Suffolk, NY
Hey I am in the market for a super charger now. Car is a '91 gt, headws cam intake, all in signiture. Been looking at the paxton and the vortech. Two things I need to know is.

1. If I get the novi 1000 and later decide to upgrade to the 2000 will all the brackets work with the 2000 head unit.

2. Same thing here, if I buy the sc trim and want to upgrade to a s head unit will the brackets also work?

All info will be apreciated, I am getting the bug to buy one soon.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't beleive the Novi's will swap. But the SC & S should. The SC can be sent off to Vortech and upgraded to an S trim. That would save you the most money. But the Novi 1k is a better entry level blower. You can make plenty of power with it and some simple upgrades. Unless you go to an aftermarket block, the Novi 1k may do you just fine. I've seen over 500rwhp on a stock shortblock with the little Novi.

An SC head unit is not much different than an S. If you look at the flow capabilities they aren't enough to bother with an upgrade from one to the other.
It's the kit that's different.
The SC comes with a plastic discharge tube, and it's missing a few other odds and ends, possibly one of which is the useless t rex.

Now if you get a HD S, it can be upgraded later to a T.

I am not going to ever need a t- trim. The most boost I am looking for is 15 psi. This is just a street weekend car. stock lower end right now. So the SC can be upgraded to the S -trim? Just dont want to chise and get the novi 1000 or the sc trim if they are bad blowers. I would rather spend the extra few hundred and get a good kit.

Other thig is I already have a msd, bigger injectors and fuel pump, so if I bought the sc trim and upped the boost I could just install a BOV and maybe an inline pump if need right?

look at my sig for my set up. But i have the s-trim runs about 12-13lbs stock 302 block 42's lbers, 255 intank fuel pump. No problems here. I dont run a FMU either and i dont have a tune. I put the car on the dyno ready to do a chip to adjust fuel curves and the car was pretty much perfect through out the rpm range. But i think i just got lucky.

An SC head unit is not much different than an S. If you look at the flow capabilities they aren't enough to bother with an upgrade from one to the other.
It's the kit that's different.
The SC comes with a plastic discharge tube, and it's missing a few other odds and ends, possibly one of which is the useless t rex.

Now if you get a HD S, it can be upgraded later to a T.

yep.

the SC head unit is actually a combination of the A-trim housing with the S-Trim impellar. Stepping up the S-trim would only be granting you the better housing and the same impellar you had.

The the SC brackets will hold the S trim head unit.

In reality.. just save up and buy the S-trim unit OR the Novi 2000 to begin with. The cost of upgrading later will cost you more in the long run. Its just NOT financially SMART to buy with the plan of upgrading.

And if you make the excuse "but all I can afford is the base kit now." Then you CANNOT afford a blower. Simple as that.

thanks for the replies guys. And ponypower89, its not that I cannot afford the s trim. I am just trying to see if I need it or not. I saw some used novi 1000's and sc trims for cheap. Some guy on corral put down 429 I think through a aod and my setup with the novi 1000. Thats why I started thinking wow maybe I should just get a novi 1000 kit. Also recomended through this site is joebloeracing which sells the s trim for like $2,500 complete. I might go with that kit.

thanks for the replies guys. And ponypower89, its not that I cannot afford the s trim. I am just trying to see if I need it or not. I saw some used novi 1000's and sc trims for cheap. Some guy on corral put down 429 I think through a aod and my setup with the novi 1000. Thats why I started thinking wow maybe I should just get a novi 1000 kit. Also recomended through this site is joebloeracing which sells the s trim for like $2,500 complete. I might go with that kit.

Ouch! That seems kind of high priced.

Ok, sorry if I came off a little harsh. I just get tired of the never ending "I wanna buy this and that but can't afford it" threads.

In reality, the sc-trim and novi 1000 can create block spliting power. It all boils down to how hard to want to be on the blower? Obviously and novi 2000 will make the same power levels working less (and theoretically last longer because of that).

IF you were gonna choose between the SC and Novi 1000... do yourself a favor and go with the Novi. I personally have the SC kit on my car and have no complaints. However, I have seen the base Novi 1000 kit out perform the sc just ever so slightly very consistantly by a couple tenths. (I've heard its before of the discharge tub setup being better.... but who know :shrug: proof is in the pudding and the novi 1000 outperforms.)

my procharger

i am running a procharge p-1sc at 10 psi with gt-40 heads and stock intake and making 353 hp 405 torque at the wheels i have a bunch of small bolt on but whn i asked the people at procharger they told me the d-1sc is a direct upgrade and will fit in place of my p unit and the d units run between 14-25 psi. might want to give them a call.