Need help with a chevy quick!!

tomst9

Founding Member
Jun 17, 2002
Bethlehem Pa
My dad's car broke down, and now he's got to use my car for work. He has a 99 chevy blazer with the 4.3L. THr problem is his fuel pump was not turning on. Usually it primes when you turn the key, but it doesn't now and the car won't start. Well, he replaced the fuel pump even though i told him to check all the other things first. $500 later it wasn't the fuel pump. Then he replaced the relay, but that didn't work. Does anyone have an idea on what it could be? I need my car back. An also can someone tell me exactly where the fuel pump relay is, because my dad asked the gut at chevy and he told him the fuse box near the drivers side door, but there wasn't any relays there.
thanks
tom

• Sponsors (?)

I would try registering on a Blazer forum...probably get a better answer...yeah them dealerships usually don't know what their talking about...good luck with it...I know you want to get your car back :nice:

tomst9 said:
My dad's car broke down, and now he's got to use my car for work. He has a 99 chevy blazer with the 4.3L. THr problem is his fuel pump was not turning on. Usually it primes when you turn the key, but it doesn't now and the car won't start. Well, he replaced the fuel pump even though i told him to check all the other things first. $500 later it wasn't the fuel pump. Then he replaced the relay, but that didn't work. Does anyone have an idea on what it could be? I need my car back. An also can someone tell me exactly where the fuel pump relay is, because my dad asked the gut at chevy and he told him the fuse box near the drivers side door, but there wasn't any relays there.
thanks
tom

Same problem with my 96 Sonoma 4.3L Vortech. Those ECU's are horrible. I went through 4 in one month and the dealer couldn;t tell me why. If you pop the hodd and look around you will find a "jumper wire" to bypass the fuel pump relay that way you can see if the pump will prime. If the pump is not primming it is not getting any power from the ECU.

This is just my experience, hope it helps.

Oh a line that the tow truck driver said to me after like the 7th time he had to tow my Sonoma. "I have matches in the cab, and a jug of gas on back, how bout we put it out of it's misery"

I would never own another 4.3L again