Need help with a decision...

Adam95GT

Aug 14, 2006
Burlington, NJ
Do i buy pokageeks 306 block... or do i buy 92 TRW forged pistons and rods for $70 shipped.... and hone out my curent block and put these pistons and rods in there... i just cant decide... My bills are completely paid off... and i have $500 to play around with... i just bought some hp blues.... so my car will ride a bit better... now i think its time to start this build... Also do you guys think it would be wise to start to clean up thoes street heat highports and what not from that engine i got scammed on... or should i wait till all this court stuff is done and over with????

• Sponsors (?)

I'd say that if you use any of the parts from that (or)deal, it will be kinda tough to prove that you got ripped off. You may be asked to give him the parts back. Kinda tough to do that, if they're on your car. Don't use em.

I would buy Pokageek's shortblock and be done with it. Seems like a damn good deal. Run what's between the framerails till it either 1) dies or 2) you get some good heads for it. (Either the TFS's that you already have or some others.) If you get your money back, you'll have some $$$ for a set of heads. Drop it all in, at once.

Just my opinion.

BTW, you can't just "hone out" a block and throw a set of pistons in it. It needs to be done on a cylinder boring mill. If the block needs more than the size of the pistons, you've just wasted $70. Use new parts, that are properly "fitted" to each other. You're gonna have $160 in the bore/clean-up on the block. Another $275 for the "re-ring" kit from PAW. Plus, the $70 pistons(if they work). That's over $500, and the parts are just sitting on the floor, unassembled.

if the 306 is all together get it, by the time you get the machine work done for the block, the pistons in, new bearings, and all the other stuff you'll be indebt again and have to sell the car. And I know you don't want that!

keith is a great guy ive been talking to him lately turns out the heads i have wont fit right on this engine piston to valve clearence problems... and aparently they dont flow that great... But i think im gonna start over... leave that piece of $1200 **** behind... and cut my loses till this court case rides out... buy this block and start over... its good to talk to someone who i can trust...:nice:

I actually think my street heats will work... im gonna check for clearence when i pick up the block... i just picked up a set of pulleys for $45 shipped... so there will be alot of work going on this summer that can b for sure!