Need help with friends car

Okay my friend does have an import and all but i want to know if you guys can just tell me what it is. I will attach a link to the video for you to listen to it even though it is not that good and you cant really hear the thumping that you do in person. Some background on the car is that it is a 2004 Nissan SER Spec V, 13k miles, header, CAI, and Catback. The car also never went for a tuneup but oil and fluids have been maintained regularly. Never had a problem up until two days ago out of no where. Where it started to have a bouncing idle, stalled a few times, and the engine shakes and makes a chugging sound. To me it sounds like the car is misfiring so i am thinking that is one of the spark plugs. Just want some of your guys opinions.

Thanks for reading and you guys will hopefully have some opinion since you are the car gurus.

My friend also thanks you in advance to since he did want a mustang but for his first car his parents wouldnt let him get and 8 cylinder and also insurance reasons so he is not a total rice ***.

Well here is the link to the video.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/58a0e624-4889-4b77-bd1c-ccbbb474a383.htm

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know if it is just me but it sounds like your average 4-banger to me in that vid :shrug: I don't hear anything out of the ordinary. At least its an OBDII car so finding a problem shouldn't be that difficult. He should just get one of those $150 OBDII scanners and check to see if anything comes up. Chances are if something's not right the computer will catch it.

On second thought, take it to the dealer, it should be under warranty I would think, unless it came with just a 10k mile warranty, in which case he's SOL on that.