Roush Need Help with my 02 S281, Please...

spederman

Apr 13, 2005
Allright, I got my Saleen back from the body shop again. They finally got everything done, except for one thing. I have noticed something that I did not notice before i wrecked it. But it might be in my head, i think i am going OCD crazy about my car. Please help me.

Here's the situation. If you look at my car from the backend, The driver side wheel/tire doesnt stick out to the fender flare, its probably 1.5 inches short of being perfectly flush with the fender flare. But, the passenger side wheel/tire is perfectly flush with the fender flare. Can somebody do me a favor and look at their 99-04 S281 and see if the rear wheels are perfectly spaced out the same on both sides to the fender flares, or are they short of the fender flares. By the way, I have the 18x9 inch rims not the wider upgrade option (18x10).

A little history on what got replaced on my car after the wreck. Driver side rear rim and tire, driver side disc/rotor, driver side axle, driver side upper control arm.

I have checked the offset, and they did order the correct rear rim. Its the correct tire size 265 35 18.They used all Ford OEM parts except for the disc/rotor which is napa. But the body shop said they checked the size, and it matches the ford oem rotor/disc. The body shop is stumped and has no idea what to do. Monday the want to put it on the frame machine and see if anything is bent, but they dont think so since all the body lines up right.

Any ideas what it could be? This is driving me nuts. And if you could check you cars to see what the spacing looks like, I would really appreciate it. What should I measure to see what is off, I took a measuring tape to it, but dont know what is the correct points to measure to see what part would be off spec.

Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

With the hit on the rear you might want to check you torque boxes. It may have tweaked them. Do a visual of the upper and lower boxes first. If this doesn't show much of anything then the best way to check it if you have the time and tools is to jack the rear of the car up and try to shift the rear axle side to side. See how much play you get. There shouldn't be much at all. If you don't find anything then you can dig further into it by dropping the rear and checking each control arm for play.