Need help with radio

• Sponsors (?)

I tryed to install an aftermarket CD play in my car today, I have power to the deck and it all works. But there is no sound going to the speakers?!?!?! The car is an 87 did not come with the graphic EQ, Please chime in.

When i switched out to a MP3 player in my car i ran new speaker wires.Did you use the stock speakers/wires? I bought these when i swapped out, made it real easy to do also.

http://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=70-1770

http://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=99-5025

Yup gotta pull the stock amp. It is behind the radio and you have to bypass it. Mine was the same way, its b/c the stock radio doesn't have an internal one and the aftermarket radio does have an internal amp.

I had the same problem, all the + wires coming out of the amp and hooked them all up to the + wired on the deck and somehow it worked...been working for a few months now with no complaints.

i was looking at it a few minutes ago, my suggestion bow, is just to get your own wire and run it. It aint worth messing with the stock speaker wiring, its to complicated when you can just run new wire easier

i unplugged my amp, cut the female connector off of the amp and then wired that to the speaker wire adapter harness that plugs into the head unit. make sure when you cut that you leave yourself enough wire to splice into. plug the connector back into where you just disconnected it and then use your existing speaker leads out of the head unit to hook it all up. the color coding does not match so you have to go through one by one to make sure sound comes out of the correct locations.

i unplugged my amp, cut the female connector off of the amp and then wired that to the speaker wire adapter harness that plugs into the head unit. make sure when you cut that you leave yourself enough wire to splice into. plug the connector back into where you just disconnected it and then use your existing speaker leads out of the head unit to hook it all up. the color coding does not match so you have to go through one by one to make sure sound comes out of the correct locations.

see joe i told you! hahha how was the trip back? did everything operate as intended?