need help with wheel choice

NKau

Founding Member
Dec 15, 2001
Jefferson, WI
Just wanted to get some opinions before I go doing anything stupid. Currently have centerlines on my car for track purposes, and the roushes for normal summer driving pictured below. I see that someone is now reproducing the 'Saleen SC' style wheels, and I was thinking about replacing the roushes with them, and maybe just putting nitto 555R's on the replica SC's and selling both of my other sets of rims. I've always been pretty gay for the saleen sc wheels, but couldn't justify spending $1500+ for a decent set. Here is a link to the repro's...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sale...019QQitemZ290195189435QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

and a link to some pics of the real ones on a saleen

http://www.performanceautosport.com/detail.asp?car=6012

If someone with photoshop skills wanted to do a quick photo-chop, that would be cool too :D

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Sponsors (?)

I've noticed those too an think they're a great looking wheel, your roushes look sweet too though. The theme for my car is fun/fast/cheap so those saleens are out of the question (for a few years anyway). I've been lookin for a cheap set of '99 5 stars or 98 split spokes, now you got me thinking i should wait an get those copies off ebay.

Just wanted to get some opinions before I go doing anything stupid. Currently have centerlines on my car for track purposes, and the roushes for normal summer driving pictured below. I see that someone is now reproducing the 'Saleen SC' style wheels, and I was thinking about replacing the roushes with them, and maybe just putting nitto 555R's on the replica SC's and selling both of my other sets of rims. I've always been pretty gay for the saleen sc wheels, but couldn't justify spending $1500+ for a decent set. Here is a link to the repro's...

IMG_0051.jpg

I personaly like the Roush wheels better than the Saleen wheels, but just my opinion.

I love the Roush's on the car. Your's is the only car I have seen with them.

Here's another:
91hatch-2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 91hatch-2.jpg
    91hatch-2.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 79
dude your car looks sick the way it is...with the Roushes for the street and Telstars for the track. I'd rather rock those Roushes than some replica wheels anyday

Sorry, this is OT, but still on the subject.

Does ANYONE know where I can get Machined 4-lug 03 cobras? I've searched all over the place, and cant find them. I've seen them on a couple of foxes so I know they exist.

Thanks.

I say get them, they look really really nice, but then again I love dished wheels!!!

Actually, if I was going to do it, I'd put the 17x9's all the way around with no dish :shrug: I really love the way those pushed out, flat faced wheels look on the old saleens.

For some reason, those wheels just look like they were made for fox mustangs.

They do look nice like that, but I think it only works on a Saleen (body kit, spoiler etc...). A coupe, or Hatch, especially an LX needs the dish (IMO) and a GT with those wheels, just wouldn't work for me.

I would photoshop it, but lost pshop years ago when I got the new computer!

gotta love the dished rim on an LX....just something about that lip that sets off the look of a LX Notch/Hatch! I say get em...they will look nicer than the roushes IMO.